Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > StringBuilder for byte[]

StringBuilder for byte[]

Lew

Roedy Green wrote:
> Lew wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
>> He said that the task is "to write a StringBuilder or FastCat".

> What I intended was just something to concatenate byte[] into longer
> byte[], no encodings involved, not a StringBuilder than squirted out
> encoded bytes. It is a subset of what ByteArrayOutputStream does.
>
> A FastCat is like a StringBuilder but where you estimate the number
> fragments to be joined, not the total length of the result. It is more
> RAM efficient since it allocates the precise amount of space needed
> for the concatenated String.
>
> see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/stringbuilder.html
>
> where I discuss the merits of StringBuilder vs FastCat vs StringBuffer

I stand corrected.

--
Lew

Roedy Green

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 00:42:52 -0800 (PST), Lew <(E-Mail Removed)>

>I stand corrected.

I said something that was interpreted two different ways. That is my
bad, not yours.
time.
~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law