Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox opening new browsers

Firefox opening new browsers

Dan

Whenever I click on a new link, Firefox opens new browser window.
Often I would like it to use an already open one. Can that choice
be configured?

Dan

Jay Catter

Dan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newsYubd.13025$(E-Mail Removed) m:

> Whenever I click on a new link, Firefox opens new browser window.
> Often I would like it to use an already open one. Can that choice
> be configured?
>
> Dan

Use either Tabbrowser Extension or Tabpref extension.

Dan

Thanks Jay. Where does one find Tabbrowser Extension or Tabpref
extension? I do not find it in Tools/Options or are they addins?

Jay Catter wrote:
> Dan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> newsYubd.13025$(E-Mail Removed) m:
>

>>Whenever I click on a new link, Firefox opens new browser window.
>>Often I would like it to use an already open one. Can that choice
>>be configured?
>>
>>Dan
>>

> Use either Tabbrowser Extension or Tabpref extension.

Jarmo P

Dan wrote:
> Whenever I click on a new link, Firefox opens new browser window. Often
> I would like it to use an already open one. Can that choice be configured?
>
> Dan

Try mouse gesture extension (All-In-One):

I use a mouse right click to a link and wipe UP like a "Zorro", it opens
a new Tab to the same window.
If I wipe DOWN it opens a new window, whereas a normal left click
usually opens the link in the current tab in the same window.

Leonidas Jones

Dan wrote:
> Thanks Jay. Where does one find Tabbrowser Extension or Tabpref
> extension? I do not find it in Tools/Options or are they addins?
>
> Jay Catter wrote:
>
>> Dan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> newsYubd.13025$(E-Mail Removed) m:
>>

>>> Whenever I click on a new link, Firefox opens new browser window.
>>> Often I would like it to use an already open one. Can that choice be
>>> configured?
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>

>> Use either Tabbrowser Extension or Tabpref extension.

They are extensions:

TBE

http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_tabextensions.html.en

TBP should be available via Tools>>Extensions>>Get new extensions.

Lee