Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > SimpleAI, Artificial Intelligence with Python - [released]

SimpleAI, Artificial Intelligence with Python - [released]

Elias Andrawos

SimpleAI is an easy to use lib implementing in python many of the artificial intelligence algorithms described on the book "Artificial Intelligence, aModern Approach", from Stuart Russel and Peter Norvig.
This implementation takes some of the ideas from the Norvig's implementation (the aima-python lib), but it's made with a more "pythonic" approach, andmore emphasis on creating a stable, modern, and maintainable version. We are testing the majority of the lib, it's available via pip install, has a standard repository and lib architecture, well documented, respects the python pep8 guidelines, provides only working code (no placeholders for future things), etc. Even the internal code is written with readability in mind, not only the external API.
This new release adds a few statistical classification methods to SimpleAI with
the intention of start replicating the machine learning aspects of aima-python, also includes lots of tests for the classifiers, documentation, and a few sample uses of the classifiers.

http://simpleai.readthedocs.org/
https://github.com/simpleai-team/simpleai
twitter: @machinalis

alex23

On Jan 17, 8:01*am, Elias Andrawos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> SimpleAI is an easy to use lib implementing in python many of the
> artificial intelligence algorithms described on the book "Artificial
> Intelligence, a Modern Approach"

Thanks for this, it looks great. One question: I couldn't find any
mention of what Python versions are supported? 2 only? Late 2? 3?

Cheers!

fisadev@gmail.com

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:38:12 PM UTC-3, alex23 wrote:
> On Jan 17, 8:01*am, Elias Andrawos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > SimpleAI is an easy to use lib implementing in python many of the

> > artificial intelligence algorithms described on the book "Artificial

> > Intelligence, a Modern Approach"

> Thanks for this, it looks great. One question: I couldn't find any
>
> mention of what Python versions are supported? 2 only? Late 2? 3?
>

> Cheers!

Hi!

We currently support "late 2" versions of python (we have tested it under 2..7). But there are plans to make it compatible with python 3, it shouldn't be very difficult

--
fisa - Juan Pedro Fisanotti