Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > DLLs folder on Windows

DLLs folder on Windows

Piotr Dobrogost

Hi!

I'm curious how dlls from the DLLs folder on Windows are being loaded? As they
are not placed in the same folder where python.exe resides I guess they must be
loaded by giving the path explicitly but I'm not sure. I'm asking because
there's no DLLs folder being created when creating virtualenv and I suspect it
should be.

This is a followup to my question "Why doesn't virtualenv create DLLs folder?"
(http://stackoverflow.com/q/6657541/95735) and to the virtualenv's issue 87 -
"Problems creating virtualenv on Windows when Python is not installed for all
users." (https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv/issues/87).

Regards,
Piotr Dobrogost

ps.
This was originaly posted to python-devel see
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.devel/136821