Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi mITX Intel LGA 1155

Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi mITX Intel LGA 1155

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

Tech Power Up have reviewed the Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi mITX Intel LGA 1155 motherboard:

Quote:
"It has been about 6 months since I started lusting after a certain case: the BitFenix Prodigy. With current Intel CPUs sporting a TDP of 77 watts or less and VGAs from both AMD and Nvidia delivering a metric tonne of horsepower for modest power usage, the possibility of getting really decent gaming performance in a tiny footprint is both plausible and affordable. I have, since I've seen that case go for around $79.99 USD, asked OEMs for mITX board products to go with it, and a few have answered my call for parts. Gigabyte was obviously - based on the above picture - the first, sending me the Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi.

The Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi wasn't going to be marketed as a gaming product, but I pleaded with Gigabyte to give this board a chance. Its combination of features makes it something special, allowing it to meet the needs of an HTPC gamer, and not just in the traditional ways. So what is so special? Read on, take a look for yourself, and you will hopefully see what I do. This board is my current #1 choice for HTPC use with Intel's IvyBridge chips. Let's take a look as to why."
You can read their full review here.