Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Disassembling a Lumix Camera

Disassembling a Lumix Camera

Sqwertz

I have a Panasonic Lumix FP2 camera. The FP's are the models with
non-extending/non-protruding folded optic lens assemblies. I left it
in a really humid environment and a small spot of condensation formed
on the inside on the lens, then dried. So now I have a tiny spot
there that creates a small blur in pictures taken in bright light.

What are the chances that I would be able to disassemble this just
enough to be able to swipe that spot? And most importantly, get it
back together again in working order.

I'm pretty sure the spot is just on the inside of the outermost cover
that is hopefully part of the case rather than inside the lens
assembly. But I can't tell if it's all sealed together.

-sw

Irwell

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 21:36:25 -0800, isw wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Sqwertz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I have a Panasonic Lumix FP2 camera. The FP's are the models with
>> non-extending/non-protruding folded optic lens assemblies. I left it
>> in a really humid environment and a small spot of condensation formed
>> on the inside on the lens, then dried. So now I have a tiny spot
>> there that creates a small blur in pictures taken in bright light.
>>
>> What are the chances that I would be able to disassemble this just
>> enough to be able to swipe that spot? And most importantly, get it
>> back together again in working order.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure the spot is just on the inside of the outermost cover
>> that is hopefully part of the case rather than inside the lens
>> assembly. But I can't tell if it's all sealed together.

> I'm not familiar with that one, but my experience with other Lumix
> models -- FZ-2, 3, & 5, FH-22 -- is that they are excellently
> constructed (no flying wires that must be unsoldered), and easy to get
> into. Well, the lenses were not all that easy, but I did manage to get
> several apart, repaired, and reassembled. The ones I ripped into were
> zoom models, and the lenses in those are diabolical 3D puzzles.
>
> I also tried to fix a friend's HP, and it was an amazing POS; impossible
> to take apart without a tiny soldering pencil and a notepad.
>
> Isaac

Try a youtube search for some ideas on teardowns of digital cameras.