Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Problem with importing in Python

Problem with importing in Python

Terry Reedy

On 1/11/2013 5:17 PM, su29090 wrote:

> Circle.py
>
> import math
>
> class circle:

By current convention, you should call the file 'circle.py' and the
class 'Circle'. Using all lower case for module filenames is the sanest
thing to do in a world where different filesystems do different things
with casing.

--
Terry Jan Reedy

Chris Angelico

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Tim Roberts <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dave Angel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>As Adnan has pointed out, Python is case insensitive.

> That's not really what you meant to say...

UNinsensitive, your Majesty means, of course. UNinsensitive, of course, I meant.

*watches the jurors write it down, some each way*

ChrisA

Dave Angel

On 01/11/2013 11:37 PM, Tim Roberts wrote:
> Dave Angel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> As Adnan has pointed out, Python is case insensitive.

> That's not really what you meant to say...

Nope. I meant Python is case sensitive.

Thanks for the catch. I think the rest of my discourse made it clear
that case matters.

--

DaveA