Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > really odd problem with jar signing

really odd problem with jar signing

Roedy Green

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:16:54 +0000 (UTC), Andreas Leitgeb
someone who said :

>Just out of curiosity, I'd like to read, if the specified symptom in
>connection with java 1.5 now rings bells of recognition for anyone here.

one more thought. jar/zip has attribute bits on members. There are
various compression algorithms. At one point jars were not permitted
any compression.

Examine such information with WinZip to see if there is anything odd.
time.
~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

Andreas Leitgeb

Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:16:54 +0000 (UTC), Andreas Leitgeb wrote:

>> Just out of curiosity, I'd like to read, if the specified symptom in
>> connection with java 1.5 now rings bells of recognition for anyone here.

> one more thought. jar/zip has attribute bits on members. There are
> various compression algorithms. At one point jars were not permitted
> any compression.

I did check for such things already in the beginning. There weren't any
differences in the attributes (compression algorithm, internal and
external file attributes,...) between the "bad" file and the "good files".

As it later turned out, the misbehaviour is tied entirely to the full
pathname of that class file, and not to the contents or attributes of it.

Anyway, I appreciate your attempts to help.

Roedy Green

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:24:13 +0000 (UTC), Andreas Leitgeb
someone who said :

>As it later turned out, the misbehaviour is tied entirely to the full
>pathname of that class file

Do yet have any idea just WHAT about a name it does not like?
time.
~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

Andreas Leitgeb

Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:24:13 +0000 (UTC), Andreas Leitgeb wrote
>> As it later turned out, the misbehaviour is tied entirely to the full
>> pathname of that class file

> Do yet have any idea just WHAT about a name it does not like?

Nope. Our signers have now upgraded their Java installation, and
the signing now works ok (no exclusion of single content files).

To any future reader, who may find this thread in a similar need:
Just dump that old 1.5 and use 1.6 or later for signing the jar files.