Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Class rumor: Firefox front end to IE

Class rumor: Firefox front end to IE

Gwen Morse

I reported a couple weeks ago that a student in my networking security
class had heard that Firefox was really a front end to IE based on it
running scripts only IE runs.

He has since shown himself to be reasonably close to computer
illiterate (at least on the level for this class).

He won't tell me what the scripts _are_ (he just insists that if I had
any investigative skills I would have been able to find them,
already). I think I can officially marked this topic 'closed' in the
sense that he's shown himself to be talking out of his ass.

I just wanted to post this because other members of the group had
asked me to update if I heard any more specifics.

Gwen

djeaux

Gwen Morse wrote:
> I reported a couple weeks ago that a student in my networking security
> class had heard that Firefox was really a front end to IE based on it
> running scripts only IE runs.
>
> He has since shown himself to be reasonably close to computer
> illiterate (at least on the level for this class).
>
> He won't tell me what the scripts _are_ (he just insists that if I had
> any investigative skills I would have been able to find them,
> already). I think I can officially marked this topic 'closed' in the
> sense that he's shown himself to be talking out of his ass.
>
> I just wanted to post this because other members of the group had
> asked me to update if I heard any more specifics.
>
> Gwen

Perhaps this guy was confused about the IEView extension...
http://ieview.mozdev.org/

Or maybe he's just confused. A brain enema might help.

Joe
--
"Obviously, I'm not an IBM computer any more than I'm an ashtray."
- Bob Dylan

Leonidas Jones

Gwen Morse wrote:
> I reported a couple weeks ago that a student in my networking security
> class had heard that Firefox was really a front end to IE based on it
> running scripts only IE runs.
>
> He has since shown himself to be reasonably close to computer
> illiterate (at least on the level for this class).
>
> He won't tell me what the scripts _are_ (he just insists that if I had
> any investigative skills I would have been able to find them,
> already). I think I can officially marked this topic 'closed' in the
> sense that he's shown himself to be talking out of his ass.
>
> I just wanted to post this because other members of the group had
> asked me to update if I heard any more specifics.
>
> Gwen

I think it would be safe to say that you can disregard anything this
individual says.

Lee

Moz Champion

Gwen Morse wrote:

> I reported a couple weeks ago that a student in my networking security
> class had heard that Firefox was really a front end to IE based on it
> running scripts only IE runs.
>
> He has since shown himself to be reasonably close to computer
> illiterate (at least on the level for this class).
>
> He won't tell me what the scripts _are_ (he just insists that if I had
> any investigative skills I would have been able to find them,
> already). I think I can officially marked this topic 'closed' in the
> sense that he's shown himself to be talking out of his ass.
>
> I just wanted to post this because other members of the group had
> asked me to update if I heard any more specifics.
>
> Gwen

I think your student should make better choices in whom he chooses to
listen to. Like his networking security class teacher for a start <g>

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Tony Raven

Gwen Morse wrote:
> I reported a couple weeks ago that a student in my networking security
> class had heard that Firefox was really a front end to IE based on it
> running scripts only IE runs.
>
> He has since shown himself to be reasonably close to computer
> illiterate (at least on the level for this class).
>
> He won't tell me what the scripts _are_ (he just insists that if I had
> any investigative skills I would have been able to find them,
> already). I think I can officially marked this topic 'closed' in the
> sense that he's shown himself to be talking out of his ass.
>
> I just wanted to post this because other members of the group had
> asked me to update if I heard any more specifics.
>
> Gwen

Perhaps he was confused by the news item that the head of Microsoft
Security uses Firefox

Tony

Alvaro G. Vicario

*** Gwen Morse escribió/wrote (13 Oct 2004 17:06:23 -0700):
> I reported a couple weeks ago that a student in my networking security
> class had heard that Firefox was really a front end to IE based on it
> running scripts only IE runs.

And, let me guess... the Linux version uses Wine, doesn't it?

--
-+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
+- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor barnizada para la intemperie)