Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: C run time error in Tandem.

Re: C run time error in Tandem.

Tor Rustad

On Friday, January 4, 2013 6:33:55 AM UTC+1, jk__c wrote:
> I get a run time error in the below sprintf when I try executing the c program in Tandem. This code is successfully compiled and tested in windows.I'm trying to convert an array of unsigned char to a char string using sprintf and it fails exactly at this line. If I replace sprintf with a normal printf("%02X",sha256sum[j])
>
> in the below code also the same error occurs.

Your code looks ok, the bug is located elsewhere. One thing to watch out for when porting hashing modules to Tandem, is that hashing is typically endian dependent, i.e. may require some tweaking before working on a big endiansystem. But that should not give run-time error.