Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Some advanced analytics features that Google Analytics is lacking

Some advanced analytics features that Google Analytics is lacking

Dan Smith

OK, its great to know how much traffic you got from website X, how long the average person referred by website X stayed on the page etc.

But I'm more interested in the details of WHERE on website X they found my website... maybe there are numerous links to my site on different pages, or sub domains of site X.

example: my site could be all over Google Groups, but Google Analytics would only let me know the details of people referred from Google groups. I'd like to know the statistics on Group A referrals, Group B referrals, so that I can compare results easily.

I've noticed that Blogger is more specific about exactly where people came from to find your blog, but of course its less advanced than Google Analytics in every other way. Sesems like with Google, you can't have it all (for free, anyways?)

google-analytics.com elaich Firefox 4 11-24-2006 03:48 AM
who/what is ssl.google-analytics.com ? Peter Huebner NZ Computing 12 10-12-2006 06:39 AM
Any success with Google Analytics? Guillaume HTML 1 11-16-2005 04:17 PM
Attribution symbols lacking in some posts . Computer Support 16 02-26-2005 04:16 PM

Advertisments