Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Some advanced analytics features that Google Analytics is lacking

Some advanced analytics features that Google Analytics is lacking

Dan Smith

01-09-2013
OK, its great to know how much traffic you got from website X, how long the average person referred by website X stayed on the page etc.

But I'm more interested in the details of WHERE on website X they found my website... maybe there are numerous links to my site on different pages, or sub domains of site X.

example: my site could be all over Google Groups, but Google Analytics would only let me know the details of people referred from Google groups. I'd like to know the statistics on Group A referrals, Group B referrals, so that I can compare results easily.

I've noticed that Blogger is more specific about exactly where people came from to find your blog, but of course its less advanced than Google Analytics in every other way. Sesems like with Google, you can't have it all (for free, anyways?)