Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > HDD LED

HDD LED

housetrained

This is strange. From case 2 wires in a 4 hole socket [2 centre holes
empty]. MB only 2 prongs on the plug. Is there a simple way round this?
housetrained
<><

housetrained

<"housetrained" wrote in message news:kcjll4$qq8$(E-Mail Removed)...

This is strange. From case 2 wires in a 4 hole socket [2 centre holes
empty]. MB only 2 prongs on the plug. Is there a simple way round this?
housetrained>
<><

solved - just cut the plastic in half with scissors - works a treat
housetrained

Paul

housetrained wrote:
> <"housetrained" wrote in message news:kcjll4$qq8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is strange. From case 2 wires in a 4 hole socket [2 centre holes
> empty]. MB only 2 prongs on the plug. Is there a simple way round this?
> housetrained>
> <><
>

> solved - just cut the plastic in half with scissors - works a treat
> housetrained

When the plastic has the little tabs on the side of
each "hole", you can actuate the tab and back out the
pin and wire. This allows rearranging the wires, as you
desire. The tab engages a metal hook on the pin, which
is there so the pin is normally retained. Moving the
tab out of the way a little bit, allows the pin to be
pulled out of the shell.

For example, if I had a 1x4, two wires in position 1 and 4,
I'd move the #4 wire to the #2 position, leaving two empty
holes on the end. Depending on the FPANEL header on the
motherboard, there may be room for the empty two holes
to jut out away from the header. That saves on cutting
with scissors.

To open the tab just a little bit, I use a hobby knife
with a long and narrow blade. That can be used to pry
under the tab.

Paul