Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: License status of pycollada?

Re: License status of pycollada?

Gene Heskett

On Tuesday 08 January 2013 14:09:55 Jeff Terrace did opine:
Message additions Copyright Tuesday 08 January 2013 by Gene Heskett

> Hi Gene,
>
> I'm the maintainer of pycollada. No such paywall exists, and a login is
> not required. I'm not sure how you came across that.

Google search.

> As Chris said, it's a standard BSD license. I'd be happy to help with
> packaging, so feel free to contact me.

It doesn't seem to be that important at the moment.

I did find the src tarball later on another site, but it bails out because
something is missing,
gene@coyote:~/src/pycollada-0.4$ python setup.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 2, in <module>
from setuptools import find_packages, setup
ImportError: No module named setuptools

I should go look for setuptools.

matplotlib also fails to configure, numpy is a version too old on 10.04.4
Ubuntu, with no update for it available for that old a Ubuntu.

10.04.4 LTS only has 1.3, so I am blocked there too.

ATM, no biggie. Thanks for the email. I'm going to go make some swarf
freehand.

> Jeff

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
The possession of a book becomes a substitute for reading it.
-- Anthony Burgess
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...