Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Bookmarks

Bookmarks

sonsdad

Hi Group

I keep losing my bookmarks in Firefox. I import them from internet explorer
but after a couple of days they vanish and I import them again. Where am I
going wrong?

Thanking you all

me@privacy.net

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:11:05 GMT, "sonsdad" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi Group
>
>I keep losing my bookmarks in Firefox. I import them from internet explorer
>but after a couple of days they vanish and I import them again. Where am I
>going wrong?
>
>Thanking you all

I had much the same problem and with the advice of someone in this
group created a new profile. That solved it.

--
GWClay

Leonidas Jones

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:11:05 GMT, "sonsdad" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>Hi Group
>>
>>I keep losing my bookmarks in Firefox. I import them from internet explorer
>>but after a couple of days they vanish and I import them again. Where am I
>>going wrong?
>>
>>Thanking you all
>>

> I had much the same problem and with the advice of someone in this
> group created a new profile. That solved it.

Worth a shot. I have never had this problem, but many others have seen
it, so I guess its real. Hard for me to troubleshoot, since my
bookmarks have been rock solid.

Try the new profile. Back up the bookmarks.html file religiously, until
you are sure its steady.

Lee

sonsdad

Hi

Thanks for the advice but how do you create a profile?

Cheers

"sonsdad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tZfbd.1056$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Group
>
> I keep losing my bookmarks in Firefox. I import them from internet

explorer
> but after a couple of days they vanish and I import them again. Where am I
> going wrong?
>
> Thanking you all

Leonidas Jones

sonsdad wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the advice but how do you create a profile?
>
> Cheers
>

> "sonsdad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:tZfbd.1056$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi Group
>>
>>I keep losing my bookmarks in Firefox. I import them from internet

> explorer
>
>>but after a couple of days they vanish and I import them again. Where am I
>>going wrong?
>>
>>Thanking you all

Well, one of my pet bugs is that Firefox no longer puts a shortcut to
Profile Manager in the Start menu.

You can use Start>>Run and put in the following:

firefox.exe -p

OR the complete path, so Windows doesn't have to search for firefox.exe:

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe -p

That will open Profile Manager. I just created a desktop shortcut
directly to Profile Manager, so wouldn't have to bother.

Lee

mozilla won't save bookmarks Adam Bailey Firefox 3 10-06-2003 02:27 AM
how to use ONE bookmarks.html for ALL moz installs? Oskar Wild Firefox 1 09-19-2003 03:38 PM
Bookmarks Dave Firefox 0 08-31-2003 07:39 PM
Newbie - Bookmarks from IE favorites Ted Doubtfire Firefox 1 07-24-2003 07:46 PM
Moving bookmarks zadok Firefox 0 07-07-2003 11:56 PM

Advertisments