Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Fraenkel Gallery -"Unphotographable"

Re: Fraenkel Gallery -"Unphotographable"

DaveS

On 1/3/2013 10:09 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> The Fraenkel Gallery in San Francisco is opening its current exhibit
> "Unphotographable" I thought certain folks around here might be interested.
>
> Are you listening Peter?
> < http://fraenkelgallery.com/exhibitio...photographable >

Grr! The subject reminds me of my recent findings about photography in
Italian galleries and museums:

Florence: Accademia: (Michelangelo's David) no photos
Museum of San Marco: (Fra Angelico) no photos
Medici Chapels: no photos
Uffuzi Gallery: (paintings by many great Italian artists) no photos

Rome: Borghese Gallery: (Bernini's David, Appollo and Daphne): no photos
Sistine Chapel: (Michelangelo's Creation): no photos

I'm guessing that if they could enforce it, they would say no photos of
the Colosseum.

I can't imagine what they will realistically gain with such a policy.
They will frustrate and anger a lot of tourists who want to take their
own photos, and won't buy the expensive photo books and post cards anyway.

Dave S.

Re: Fraenkel Gallery -"Unphotographable" Peter Digital Photography 1 01-04-2013 07:11 PM
Setup Gallery Frankie The Lounge 3 02-28-2006 08:42 AM
Check out the new Case Gallery Topic! bigal The Lounge 8 10-12-2005 06:47 AM
Case Gallery rules and Guidelines Silverstrand Case Modding 0 06-20-2005 11:38 PM

Advertisments