Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > PyGreSQL 4.1 released

PyGreSQL 4.1 released

D'Arcy J.M. Cain

-------------------------------
Release of PyGreSQL version 4.1
-------------------------------

It has been a long time coming but PyGreSQL v4.1 has been released.

It is available at: http://pygresql.org/files/PyGreSQL-4.1.tgz.

If you are running NetBSD, look in the packages directory under
databases. There is also a package in the FreeBSD ports collection
which will probably be updated shortly.

Please refer to `changelog.txt <changelog.html>`_
for things that have changed in this version.

Please refer to `readme.txt <readme.html>`_
for general information.

This version has been built and unit tested on:
- NetBSD
- FreeBSD
- openSUSE 12.2
- Windows 7 with both MinGW and Visual Studio
- PostgreSQL 8.4, 9.0 and 9.2 32 and 64bit
- Python 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 32 and 64bit

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
PyGreSQL Development Group

Walter Hurry

On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 09:04:16 -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> -------------------------------
> Release of PyGreSQL version 4.1 -------------------------------
>
> It has been a long time coming but PyGreSQL v4.1 has been released.
>
> It is available at: http://pygresql.org/files/PyGreSQL-4.1.tgz.
>
> If you are running NetBSD, look in the packages directory under
> databases. There is also a package in the FreeBSD ports collection which
> will probably be updated shortly.
>
> Please refer to `changelog.txt <changelog.html>`_
> for things that have changed in this version.
>
> Please refer to `readme.txt <readme.html>`_
> for general information.
>
> This version has been built and unit tested on:
> - NetBSD - FreeBSD - openSUSE 12.2 - Windows 7 with both MinGW and
> Visual Studio - PostgreSQL 8.4, 9.0 and 9.2 32 and 64bit - Python 2.5,
> 2.6 and 2.7 32 and 64bit

Sounds good. Thanks for your efforts.

Does it offer advantages oiver Psycopg2?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain

On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 15:06:29 +0000 (UTC)
Walter Hurry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Sounds good. Thanks for your efforts.

I wasn't alone but I accept your thanks on behalf of the team.

> Does it offer advantages oiver Psycopg2?

Well, it has two interfaces, the DB-API 2.0 and the "Classic" one. The
classic one is basically the one PyGreSQL started life as before we had
a standard interface. We kept it as it has some advantages over the
portable one but offer both. As for other advantages, I prefer to hear
those from people not involved with either project.

--

On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 13:07:40 -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 15:06:29 +0000 (UTC)
> Walter Hurry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Sounds good. Thanks for your efforts.

> I wasn't alone but I accept your thanks on behalf of the team.
>
>> Does it offer advantages oiver Psycopg2?

> 0
> Well, it has two interfaces, the DB-API 2.0 and the "Classic" one. The
> classic one is basically the one PyGreSQL started life as before we had
> a standard interface. We kept it as it has some advantages over the
> portable one but offer both. As for other advantages, I prefer to hear
> those from people not involved with either project.

4.1 has just made it into the FreeBSD ports. I'll give it a try (thanks
again, to you and your team).