Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Strange Font's in WIN 7 ?..

Strange Font's in WIN 7 ?..

John Williamson

tony sayer wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Brian
> Morrison <(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>> On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 18:00:53 +0000
>> tony sayer wrote:
>>
>>> Nipper been given a suitable rollicking;!...

>> Create a separate user account and this won't happen to you...
>>

> Well it was a visitors child who saw this nice PC and thought no one
> would mind as she at a very early age is an expert on computers
> according to her mum;!...

Just the kind of user the Guest account is ideal for.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

tony sayer

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, John Williamson
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>tony sayer wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Brian
>> Morrison <(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus

>>> Create a separate user account and this won't happen to you...
>>>

>> Well it was a visitors child who saw this nice PC and thought no one
>> would mind as she at a very early age is an expert on computers
>> according to her mum;!...

>Just the kind of user the Guest account is ideal for.

Well she shouldn't really have been in here but shes was only little,
and a very bright kid too.

--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Phil W Lee
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>tony sayer <(E-Mail Removed)> considered Thu, 3 Jan 2013 18:00:53
>+0000 the perfect time to write:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, tony sayer
>><(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>>>
>>>Don't know if anyone has any idea on this but if they have be
>>>appreciated..
>>>
>>>"Someone" has been using my PC and now if I do say a Google search in
>>>Firefox all the results come out in a rather high contrast Bold font.
>>>
>>>If I do the same search in Google Chrome yet again a differing italic
>>>font appears. Some programmes are as they ever where but one or two
>>>others are also coming up in differing size fonts and most often in
>>>italic's.
>>>
>>>Firebox is set to its defaults in options appearances etc, as per what
>>>is on another PC here using XP that looks fine as it ever did but the
>>>WIN 7 machine its all "wrong".
>>>
>>>course no one has admitted doing anything on the machine etc, well they
>>>wouldn't would they;!..
>>>
>>>So any ideas on how to reset to defaults?. FWIW the default fonts in
>>>control panel are set to what Windows thinks best..

>>Thanks to all who replied. As far as I could make out the themes were as
>>they were, zoom as it was and Firefox defaults were as they should be.
>>
>>However did a three day rollback and mysteriously all is now as it
>>should be
>>
>>Nipper been given a suitable rollicking;!...
>>
>>cheers...

>And what about the person who left the machine in a state that the
>nipper could play with it?

Well thats in a bit of the manor where no one normally goes, called the
daddy sanctuary....

SWMBO decided to show some visitors in there and whist they were talking
the "modification work" was carried out 'tho Christ knows what she
actually did;!...
--
Tony Sayer

Tim Ward

On 03/01/2013 22:45, tony sayer wrote:

> SWMBO decided to show some visitors in there and whist they were talking
> the "modification work" was carried out 'tho Christ knows what she
> actually did;!...

So who, other than you, knows your password then??

(My family have guessed mine, but they know that I will be exceedingly
displeased if they abuse it. Less trouble to avoid the risk by logging
in as themselves.)

--
Tim Ward
www.brettward.co.uk

tony sayer

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Tim Ward
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>On 03/01/2013 22:45, tony sayer wrote:
>>
>> SWMBO decided to show some visitors in there and whist they were talking
>> the "modification work" was carried out 'tho Christ knows what she
>> actually did;!...

>So who, other than you, knows your password then??

As said Tim hardly anyone goes in there expect the grumble about the
mess etc..

>(My family have guessed mine, but they know that I will be exceedingly
>displeased if they abuse it. Less trouble to avoid the risk by logging
>in as themselves.)

The rest of the crew here have their own machines, they'd have no reason
to play about with this one except this little miss;!....

--
Tony Sayer

Arfa Daily

"tony sayer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Tim Ward
> <(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>>On 03/01/2013 22:45, tony sayer wrote:
>>>
>>> SWMBO decided to show some visitors in there and whist they were talking
>>> the "modification work" was carried out 'tho Christ knows what she
>>> actually did;!...

>>So who, other than you, knows your password then??

> As said Tim hardly anyone goes in there expect the grumble about the
> mess etc..
>

>>(My family have guessed mine, but they know that I will be exceedingly
>>displeased if they abuse it. Less trouble to avoid the risk by logging
>>in as themselves.)
>>

> The rest of the crew here have their own machines, they'd have no reason
> to play about with this one except this little miss;!....
>

> --
> Tony Sayer

Both daughters go on my machine when they come round. They insist on going
on FaceAche or whatever it's called, and I often go back to the machine to
find all sorts of windows open, but give them their due, they are both
pretty computer savvy, and have never done anything to screw the machine
over. They both know that I am extremely fussy about my machine, to the
point that I will even chastise them if they dare to actually allow a finger
tip to connect with my screen. I just *hate* having greasy paw prints on it

My son, on the other hand, genuinely *is* a computer expert, and if I ever
manage to screw anything up, I just get him round to sort it. On Tony's
original problem, desktop themes are a bit funny on Win 7. A while back, I
installed a piece of software that actually ran in a compatibility mode - I
don't think it liked my 64 bit W7. When this software ran, it changed the
desktop appearance, and all the fonts went 'odd' and the windows became what
to me were 'unpleasant' colours - all sorts of shades of blue. Almost looked
like very early Windows. I didn't actually like the software, as it used to
leave the desktop like this when you exited it, requiring you to right click
and go in and reset the default, so I uninstalled it. This has left a
slightly odd situation behind in that on the (very) odd occasions that I do
either turn the machine off, or do a re-boot, halfway through, the desktop
changes, and a Windows warning message comes up to say that something has
changed it. However, just as the last couple of background-resident programs
start up and bolt themselves in, one of them puts it back right !

Arfa

Robert Baer

tony sayer wrote:

> Don't know if anyone has any idea on this but if they have be
> appreciated..
>
> "Someone" has been using my PC and now if I do say a Google search in
> Firefox all the results come out in a rather high contrast Bold font.
>
> If I do the same search in Google Chrome yet again a differing italic
> font appears. Some programmes are as they ever where but one or two
> others are also coming up in differing size fonts and most often in
> italic's.
>
> Firebox is set to its defaults in options appearances etc, as per what
> is on another PC here using XP that looks fine as it ever did but the
> WIN 7 machine its all "wrong".
>
> course no one has admitted doing anything on the machine etc, well they
> wouldn't would they;!..
>
> So any ideas on how to reset to defaults?. FWIW the default fonts in
> control panel are set to what Windows thinks best..
>
> Cheers...

WHAT belongs to "font"??

tony sayer

In article <ixsFs.42006$(E-Mail Removed)>, Robert Baer
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>tony sayer wrote:
>>
>> Don't know if anyone has any idea on this but if they have be
>> appreciated..
>>
>> "Someone" has been using my PC and now if I do say a Google search in
>> Firefox all the results come out in a rather high contrast Bold font.
>>
>> If I do the same search in Google Chrome yet again a differing italic
>> font appears. Some programmes are as they ever where but one or two
>> others are also coming up in differing size fonts and most often in
>> italic's.
>>
>> Firebox is set to its defaults in options appearances etc, as per what
>> is on another PC here using XP that looks fine as it ever did but the
>> WIN 7 machine its all "wrong".
>>
>> course no one has admitted doing anything on the machine etc, well they
>> wouldn't would they;!..
>>
>> So any ideas on how to reset to defaults?. FWIW the default fonts in
>> control panel are set to what Windows thinks best..
>>
>> Cheers...
>>

> WHAT belongs to "font"??

Waah!, This is a tad ongoing now but it seems that the default fonts
were all set as windows intended them to be ..

Anyways we rolled it back a few days restored, and all is well now
whatever the original cause was...

--
Tony Sayer