Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > numpy has got newtonsmethod?

numpy has got newtonsmethod?

Usama Khan

my question is can we import newtonsmethod from nympy or sciPy?

Chris Angelico

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Usama Khan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> my question is can we import newtonsmethod from nympy or sciPy?

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-q...s.html#classic

ChrisA

Usama Khan

thanks. .

but how to instal scipy. because its in .rar form. .i have extracted the files to the place where python2.7 is installed. . but everytime i write import sciPy. .it give me error. .
nd regarding ur question. .

its a long story telling u why i have just ask this breif question. . anyways thanks . .waiing for ur reply. .

i just want to iterate my complex equation. .

how can i import newtonsmethod from numpy as numpy is successfully insalled. .

Usama Khan

thanks. .

but how to instal scipy. because its in .rar form. .i have extracted the files to the place where python2.7 is installed. . but everytime i write import sciPy. .it give me error. .
nd regarding ur question. .

its a long story telling u why i have just ask this breif question. . anyways thanks . .waiing for ur reply. .

i just want to iterate my complex equation. .

how can i import newtonsmethod from numpy as numpy is successfully insalled. .

Usama Khan

yeah i have read it sir CrisA. .

thanks . .

i wish i could make u watch my google search list of last two days nd idm downlaodng list of last two days. .text me ur email id. .i can show u my efforts. .

Usama Khan

yeah i have read it sir CrisA. .

thanks . .

i wish i could make u watch my google search list of last two days nd idm downlaodng list of last two days. .text me ur email id. .i can show u my efforts. .

Usama Khan

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Python27/12.py", line 4, in <module>
import scipy # also has log
File "C:/Python27\scipy\__init__.py", line 114, in <module>
raise ImportError(msg)
ImportError: Error importing scipy: you cannot import scipy while
being in scipy source directory; please exit the scipy source
tree first, and relaunch your python intepreter.

Usama Khan

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Python27/12.py", line 4, in <module>
import scipy # also has log
File "C:/Python27\scipy\__init__.py", line 114, in <module>
raise ImportError(msg)
ImportError: Error importing scipy: you cannot import scipy while
being in scipy source directory; please exit the scipy source
tree first, and relaunch your python intepreter.

alex23

On Jan 2, 10:28*am, Usama Khan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> but how to instal scipy. because its in .rar form. .i have extracted
> the files to the place where python2.7 is installed. . but everytime
> i write import sciPy. .it give me error. .

If you want help, you have to remember we can't magically detect your
development environment. Of course, you could always just read
http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy and report back with explicit
information on _what didn't work_.

> i just want to iterate my complex equation. .
> how can i import newtonsmethod from numpy as numpy is successfully
> insalled. .

Repeating the question because you're not listening to the answers
given is growing tedious. Vlastimil provided you with a _direct link_
to the relevant documentation: http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/refe...ze.newton.html

If you can't import from scipy, then _fix that problem first_, because
that's what you need to be able to do the rest.

alex23

On Jan 2, 10:34*am, Usama Khan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> i wish i could make u watch my google search list of last two days nd idmdownlaodng list of last two days. .text me ur email id. .i can show u my efforts. .

I'm guessing it would show you flailing around and _not_ typing "numpy
newton's method", because that's all it took to bring up the direct
link to the scipy documentation on importing & using it (first link),
as well as full code samples of variants implemented directly in
numpy.