Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Newbie question - binary newsgroup

Newbie question - binary newsgroup

Steve B

What are the names of newsgroups where binaries of photos are posted? I've
searched photos and photography, but nothing yet.

Steve

nospam

In article <kbqgrh$d0r$(E-Mail Removed)>, Steve B <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> What are the names of newsgroups where binaries of photos are posted? I've
> searched photos and photography, but nothing yet.

alt.binaries hierarchy. you name it, it's there. probably not what you
meant, but then again, maybe it is. also, not all news servers carry
the binary groups.

Steve B

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:13teo8mc9snge$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 15:56:59 -0700, Steve B,
> <news:kbqgrh$d0r$(E-Mail Removed)> expounded this theory:
>
>> What are the names of newsgroups where binaries of photos are posted?
>> I've
>> searched photos and photography, but nothing yet.

> Does your server carry binaries?

Apologies, guys. I am now on aioe.org, as I moved to very rural ranchland,
and apparently with all the changing connections on our computer service
now, I no longer have a server who covers binaries. Only seven listed, one
binaries.porn, and the others nothing sounding anything like photography.
Will get with my computer guy, and see if I need to configure to another
server, and what's available now here where I am. Sorry, got ahead of
myself there.

Steve

NotMe

"Steve B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kbql7e$mdi$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:13teo8mc9snge$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 15:56:59 -0700, Steve B,
>> <news:kbqgrh$d0r$(E-Mail Removed)> expounded this theory:
>>
>>> What are the names of newsgroups where binaries of photos are posted?
>>> I've
>>> searched photos and photography, but nothing yet.

>> Does your server carry binaries?

> Apologies, guys. I am now on aioe.org, as I moved to very rural
> ranchland, and apparently with all the changing connections on our
> computer service now, I no longer have a server who covers binaries. Only
> seven listed, one binaries.porn, and the others nothing sounding anything
> like photography. Will get with my computer guy, and see if I need to
> configure to another server, and what's available now here where I am.
> Sorry, got ahead of myself there.
>
> Steve

From another news group:

I ran into this online article about who owns the News server
backbones and server farms these days. It looked like something worth
sharing for the folks interested in the background technology. I did
not flag it as OT as it is germaine to using this system.

http://www.newsgroupservers.net/news...rver_resellers