Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > How can I compile all of the files?

How can I compile all of the files?

James Kuyper

On 12/22/2012 12:17 PM, Dogukan Bayraktar wrote:
> 22 Aralık 2012 Cumartesi 19:14:00 UTC+2 tarihinde Paul yazdı:
>> Dogukan Bayraktar wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using Ubuntu, and I've downloaded the files from freecode.com. There are a lot of files.. And there is a makefile in directory.. In this case, what should I do to compile the files? I want to run the program.

>> What is the name of the project ?
>>
>> Can you give the URL of the project (web link), so we
>> can visit the site ?
>>
>> Freecode.com has many projects, and you have not identified
>> which one.
>>
>> Paul

> Here is : http://freecode.com/projects/yafc

The download includes a file named INSTALL. Read it and follow the
instructions.
--
James Kuyper

Ike Naar

On 2012-12-22, Dogukan Bayraktar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> 22 Aral?k 2012 Cumartesi 19:14:00 UTC+2 tarihinde Paul yazd?:
>> Dogukan Bayraktar wrote:
>>
>> > I'm using Ubuntu, and I've downloaded the files from freecode.com.
>> > There are a lot of files.. And there is a makefile in directory.
>> > In this case, what should I do to compile the files?
>> > I want to run the program.

>> What is the name of the project ?
>> Can you give the URL of the project (web link), so we
>> can visit the site ?
>> Freecode.com has many projects, and you have not identified
>> which one.

> Here is : http://freecode.com/projects/yafc

Have you read the file named INSTALL ?

Dogukan Bayraktar

23 Aralık 2012 Pazar 13:39:38 UTC+2 tarihinde Ike Naar yazdı:
> On 2012-12-22, Dogukan Bayraktar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > 22 Aral?k 2012 Cumartesi 19:14:00 UTC+2 tarihinde Paul yazd?:

> >> What is the name of the project ?

> >> Can you give the URL of the project (web link), so we

> >> can visit the site ?

> >> Freecode.com has many projects, and you have not identified

> >> which one.

> > Here is : http://freecode.com/projects/yafc

> Have you read the file named INSTALL ?

Yes, I've read it and i've solved the problem, thanks

Ben Bacarisse

Ike Naar <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> [...]

<snip>

<snip>
>> Here is : http://freecode.com/projects/yafc

> Have you read the file named INSTALL ?

Given the limited information, "sudo apt-get install yafc" might be
enough.

--
Ben.

Ralph Spitzner

Dogukan Bayraktar wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to C, and i've got files of the project of C, but I don't know that how to the compile all of files. How can I do it?

Just out of curiosity, have you looked at the last revision date ?

-rasp

--
Where's that ****ing 'any' key ?

Keith Thompson

Ralph Spitzner <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Dogukan Bayraktar wrote:
>> Hi, I'm new to C, and i've got files of the project of C, but I don't
>> know that how to the compile all of files. How can I do it?

> Just out of curiosity, have you looked at the last revision date ?

The last revision date of what? How is that relevant to the question?

Will write code for food.

osmium

"Keith Thompson" wrote:

> Ralph Spitzner <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Dogukan Bayraktar wrote:
>>> Hi, I'm new to C, and i've got files of the project of C, but I don't
>>> know that how to the compile all of files. How can I do it?

>> Just out of curiosity, have you looked at the last revision date ?

> The last revision date of what? How is that relevant to the question?

Relevant? This is Usenet for God's sake.

Ralph Spitzner

Keith Thompson wrote:
[...]
> The last revision date of what? How is that relevant to the question?

The revision date of that ftp thing, must be a pretty perfect
perfect program since it hasn't changed for the last seven years

--
Where's that ****ing 'any' key ?

James Kuyper

On 12/25/2012 04:27 AM, Ralph Spitzner wrote:
> Keith Thompson wrote:
> [...]
>> The last revision date of what? How is that relevant to the question?
>>

> The revision date of that ftp thing, must be a pretty perfect
> perfect program since it hasn't changed for the last seven years

I doubt it - there's 14 open bug reports and 14 feature requests filed
for yafc, of which 10 and 3, respectively, were opened since the last
release - none of those have been assigned to anybody. So the project
seems to have been abandoned. However, there has been a small amount of
activity on the developers mailing list since that date, a lot of it in
2012, which would seem to contradict that conclusion. Perhaps, if you're
interested, you should investigate.
--
James Kuyper

88888 Dihedral

On Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:20:45 PM UTC+8, Dogukan Bayraktar wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to C, and i've got files of the project of C, but I don't know that how to the compile all of files. How can I do it?

I think the ANSI C in 1990 reference is a classical
one and the K&R one is helpful, too.

Anyway in C, the concepts about the stack and
the memory manipulations are all vulnerable
to fail in the run time.