Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Instagram users are losers

Instagram users are losers

RichA

Rob

On 19/12/2012 7:56 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
> In article <2012121809482754536-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck
> says...
>> Never opened an account with, or used in anyway, FaceBook, Twitter, or
>> Instagram. So I am experiencing no pain or anxiety over this non-news
>> regarding a fad app bought by a weasel corporation with questionable
>> motives.

> I set up Google+ and Twitter accounts half a year or so ago, but haven't
> used them so far. I even have a Flickr account, which I ended up not
> using.

Just wait until you get sent an email telling you that your on a friend
list of contacts. ****ed me off.

Chris Malcolm

Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 19/12/2012 7:56 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
>> In article <2012121809482754536-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck
>> says...
>>> Never opened an account with, or used in anyway, FaceBook, Twitter, or
>>> Instagram. So I am experiencing no pain or anxiety over this non-news
>>> regarding a fad app bought by a weasel corporation with questionable
>>> motives.

>> I set up Google+ and Twitter accounts half a year or so ago, but haven't
>> used them so far. I even have a Flickr account, which I ended up not
>> using.

> Just wait until you get sent an email telling you that your on a friend
> list of contacts. ****ed me off.

But those emails are optional. If getting even just one was going to
**** you off why did you sign up for them?

--
Chris Malcolm

Rob

On 19/12/2012 10:42 AM, Chris Malcolm wrote:
> Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 19/12/2012 7:56 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
>>> In article <2012121809482754536-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck
>>> says...
>>>
>>> I set up Google+ and Twitter accounts half a year or so ago, but haven't
>>> used them so far. I even have a Flickr account, which I ended up not
>>> using.

>> Just wait until you get sent an email telling you that your on a friend
>> list of contacts. ****ed me off.

> But those emails are optional. If getting even just one was going to
> **** you off why did you sign up for them?

I don't. It was used without consent submitted through Google. I try to
keep my personal email clean of spam.

I've had several, when you/they entry a rewards competition, some people
will add your email address to their entry for extra points (in turn
giving the organisers extra email addresses to distribute) I get spam
from a variety of obscure sources who have my personal email which has
not been disclosed to that source.

At one stage, several years ago, I think it was twitter, was conned into
signing up, didn't understand (wanted some information) signed up when
I realised what it was, not what I was after. So I used the unsubscribe
button - sorry try later or to that effect. Looking through the page
code, found unsubscribe was never available and went nowhere.

Too much personal information is being held on the internet.

David Taylor

On 18/12/2012 20:56, Alfred Molon wrote:
[]
> I set up Google+ and Twitter accounts half a year or so ago, but haven't
> used them so far. I even have a Flickr account, which I ended up not
> using.

I find Twitter useful for my interest in F1 - quite a lot of photos are
published in near-real-time, and at least one of the F1 photographers
(Darren Heath) is on Twitter as well.

Use Twitter if it suits you, otherwise forget it. Facebook I can't get
the hang of, though!
--
Cheers,
David

Is Locksmithing a dead trade for losers? dirtbag Computer Support 13 08-06-2006 01:54 PM
Is Linux For Losers? doris.gets_her_oats@yahoo.com Computer Support 46 05-03-2006 10:06 PM
Losers john Computer Support 11 12-15-2005 05:16 AM
Re: MJ is a victim of blood-sucking losers Mr Floppy Computer Support 12 04-01-2005 05:40 AM
OT: Superbowl Losers kpg MCSE 4 02-09-2005 06:27 PM

Advertisments