Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Uniblue SpeedUpMyPc 2013

Uniblue SpeedUpMyPc 2013

JD

Hello Experts,

This prog arrived in my computer about a week ago and it regularly runs.
When finished it presents a bill.

How can I get rid of this nuisance without having my Win 7 wrecked?

TIA

TeeJay1952

On 12/18/2012 5:18 AM, JD wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> This prog arrived in my computer about a week ago and it regularly runs.
> When finished it presents a bill.
>
> How can I get rid of this nuisance without having my Win 7 wrecked?
>
> TIA

http://download.cnet.com/SpeedUpMyPC...-10602643.html
The comments say to avoid this and to delete it.

Paul

TeeJay1952 wrote:
> On 12/18/2012 5:18 AM, JD wrote:
>> Hello Experts,
>>
>> This prog arrived in my computer about a week ago and it regularly runs.
>> When finished it presents a bill.
>>
>> How can I get rid of this nuisance without having my Win 7 wrecked?
>>
>> TIA

> http://download.cnet.com/SpeedUpMyPC...-10602643.html
> The comments say to avoid this and to delete it.

I love the reviews, and the download counter says 173,000 copies
have been downloaded. Can you imagine if all 173,000 copies
were installed ? 173,000 messed up PCs. OMG. Proud moment
for the company making the software.

*******

I'd try going to Programs and Features control panel, look for an entry
there, and uninstall it. If it isn't malware, it should uninstall
cleanly. If it's malware (or perhaps even, a program that looks
like SpeedUpMyPC, but was written by a malware person), it'll stay
on the computer. In which case, I might try Malwarebytes MBAM free
version (the one that just removes stuff, and doesn't provide real
time protection).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malwarebytes

One of the problems with running MBAM sometimes, is the program
that "resists removal" can prevent MBAM from running. Malwarebytes
makes this, to try to get around it.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/chameleon/

But if the program is a legit one, the Programs and Features
uninstallation item for the program, should get rid of it.

There are other tools, like Revo Uninstaller. But I haven't a
clue how it works, or whether it'll just lead to more damage.
Again, in terms of "which side of the tracks" this lives on,
this is for "legit" programs. Malware, if present, would be
able to preserve itself after this has run. Whereas a copy
of MBAM is focused on malware. I don't really know when is
the best time to use this one (before Programs and Features ?).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revo_Uninstaller

Paul

Robert Baer

JD wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> This prog arrived in my computer about a week ago and it regularly runs.
> When finished it presents a bill.
>
> How can I get rid of this nuisance without having my Win 7 wrecked?
>
> TIA

"Arrived"??
How?
Did you install it? Is it in the list of installed programs?
Does it run more than once?
Were you lax enough to actually _PAY_ the bill in some way?
Did the program steal enough of your personal info to "clandestinely"
pay the bill by way of one of your credit cards or checking accounts or
(UG) PayPal?

I would use the (not too efficient) "search" that Win7 has to find the
program and if not listed as one of the registered programs delete it
and wait maybe 15 seconds to see that it pops back.
If it does that,it is DEFINITELY malware that your computer
contracted; so much for the vaunted "security" built into the OS.
If the so-called Malware Removal Tool that is somewhere in the OS
does not remove it, then try the following:
Open a window that shows all running processes, and look for the EXE,
and open another window that shows the directory of the folder that has
the program.
Quick like a bunny, delete the process then the EXE and wait for one
or both to re-appear.
If only one re-appears, then delete it and wait; it should not re-appear.
If they both re-appear, try again, you may need to reverse the order
of deletion.
THEN find the damn thing in the registry and delete all entries.

JD

Hello Paul and Robert,

Yesterday I was answering both of your posts and I did get the program
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malwarebytes running and it ran for quite a
long time and then stopped. Nothing useful was achieved.

The Uniblue was still there on my screen. Two days ago I visited that
huge list of progs - Programs and Features and, found that the Uniblue
prog. was there. I dumped it. Yesterday I checked again for the second
time and there was a new prog. there. I dumped them both. Uniblue was
working, presumably to check some programs and then it stopped, as
usual, and showing a bill.

I started giving the full story in alt.computer and had it nearly
finished when it was suddenly wiped - by Uniblue. I attacked it and it
disappeared quickly. I hope it stays that way.

Now I am wondering whether I need more protection from Samsung.

Happy holidays

Paul and Robert.

JD wrote:
> Hello Paul and Robert,
>
> Yesterday I was answering both of your posts and I did get the program
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malwarebytes running and it ran for quite a
> long time and then stopped. Nothing useful was achieved.
>
> The Uniblue was still there on my screen. Two days ago I visited that
> huge list of progs - Programs and Features and, found that the Uniblue
> prog. was there. I dumped it. Yesterday I checked again for the second
> time and there was a new prog. there. I dumped them both. Uniblue was
> working, presumably to check some programs and then it stopped, as
> usual, and showing a bill.
>
> I started giving the full story in alt.computer and had it nearly
> finished when it was suddenly wiped - by Uniblue. I attacked it and it
> disappeared quickly. I hope it stays that way.
>
> Now I am wondering whether I need more protection from Samsung.
>
> Happy holidays
>
> Paul and Robert.
>

> On 12/19/2012 6:41 PM, Robert Baer wrote:
>> JD wrote:
>>> Hello Experts,
>>>
>>> This prog arrived in my computer about a week ago and it regularly runs.
>>> When finished it presents a bill.
>>>
>>> How can I get rid of this nuisance without having my Win 7 wrecked?
>>>
>>> TIA

>> "Arrived"??
>> How?
>> Did you install it? Is it in the list of installed programs?
>> Does it run more than once?
>> Were you lax enough to actually _PAY_ the bill in some way?
>> Did the program steal enough of your personal info to "clandestinely"
>> pay the bill by way of one of your credit cards or checking accounts or
>> (UG) PayPal?
>>
>> I would use the (not too efficient) "search" that Win7 has to find the
>> program and if not listed as one of the registered programs delete it
>> and wait maybe 15 seconds to see that it pops back.
>> If it does that,it is DEFINITELY malware that your computer
>> contracted; so much for the vaunted "security" built into the OS.
>> If the so-called Malware Removal Tool that is somewhere in the OS
>> does not remove it, then try the following:
>> Open a window that shows all running processes, and look for the EXE,
>> and open another window that shows the directory of the folder that has
>> the program.
>> Quick like a bunny, delete the process then the EXE and wait for one
>> or both to re-appear.
>> If only one re-appears, then delete it and wait; it should not
>> re-appear.
>> If they both re-appear, try again, you may need to reverse the order
>> of deletion.
>> THEN find the damn thing in the registry and delete all entries.

Well, my experience with malwarebytes was worse.
It took a long time, and "found" two supposedly malware programs -
which were definitely NOT - but i deleted them anyway (had never
installed them so registry and run probs never could exist for them).
Then, i could NOT shut down the PC!
Had to unplug(!) the computer to shut it down.
Then found my hard drive had been trashed!
If i was rich, they would have been in front of a Federal judge by now.

I would do everything possible to COMPLETELY get rid of the Uniblue
program; first by following the steps i mentioned.

If it was still there, i would first make a backup COPY (i hate
"images" with a passion) using any program that will do that EXCEPT M$
"backup".
Then (ASS-u-ME-ing Win7) try install upgrade path first - likely it
will complain that your version on the HD is newer even tho the DVD is
the SAME one used for initial install.
So, if that happens, try again using the install custom path.

Do NOT erase or format any of the partitions!!!!
VERY IMPORTANT if you want to keep all of your data!!!!!!!!!!

Select the partition labeled as Primary for the new Win7.
Yes, it says that it does not keep files, settings, and programs -
but that is a LIE.
In the process, you will see a comment that files and folders from
original would be moved into a folder named "WINDOWS.OLD" (!!).
ALL of your original DATA files will be intact and un-altered, fully
accessible in the SAME folders as before.
Program files will be there but cannot be used because they are not
in the registry. So your beloved malware and trojan programs will be in
that folder....

M$ does love to lie: the "files, settings, programs" ARE kept
contrary to the initial statement, and that (all?) files and folders
would be moved to that new folder is also a lie (all data files/folders
are kept intact).

You will have to re-install your favorite programs.

JD