Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Easy way to write comparison functions?

Easy way to write comparison functions?

Jayden

12-17-2012
I have a class with an attribute of type std::string. I'd like to provide some comparison operator functions like <, >, ==, <=, and >= for the class by comparing the attribute.

My questions is that: any easy way or tool to

(1) just write one or two functions, such as the one for operator < (and ==), others can be automatically generated.

(2) or even simpler since the class comparison is depending on its attribute of type std::string whose comparison functions are already provided.

Thank you so much!

Jayden

Marc

12-22-2012
Jayden wrote:

> I have a class with an attribute of type std::string. I'd like to provide some comparison operator functions like <, >, ==, <=, and >= for the class by comparing the attribute.
>
> My questions is that: any easy way or tool to
>
> (1) just write one or two functions, such as the one for operator < (and ==), others can be automatically generated.

Look at Boost.Operators, which does exactly this.