Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ICC profiles for pro digital cameras

ICC profiles for pro digital cameras

Dale

you have a "linear with light" sensor

you have filtration on the sensor that matches XYZ (tristimulus values)

you add a dial to the camera that allows you to select the lightsource
you are under or are using, the dial, through the electronics, then
populates the appropriate white point tag's data in the ICC profile

this allows you to adjust the XYZ data for appearance in the overall profile

--
Dale

Dale

On 12/17/2012 07:51 AM, Dale wrote:
> you have a "linear with light" sensor
>
> you have filtration on the sensor that matches XYZ (tristimulus values)
>
> you add a dial to the camera that allows you to select the lightsource
> you are under or are using, the dial, through the electronics, then
> populates the appropriate white point tag's data in the ICC profile
>
> this allows you to adjust the XYZ data for appearance in the overall
> profile

you could even have a little colorimeter attached to the dial to measure
the light source

keep in mind, the sensor does not measure the light color, only photon
counts

--
Dale

Dale

On 12/17/2012 11:44 AM, Dale wrote:
> On 12/17/2012 07:51 AM, Dale wrote:
>> you have a "linear with light" sensor
>>
>> you have filtration on the sensor that matches XYZ (tristimulus values)
>>
>> you add a dial to the camera that allows you to select the lightsource
>> you are under or are using, the dial, through the electronics, then
>> populates the appropriate white point tag's data in the ICC profile
>>
>> this allows you to adjust the XYZ data for appearance in the overall
>> profile
>>

> you could even have a little colorimeter attached to the dial to measure
> the light source
>
> keep in mind, the sensor does not measure the light color, only photon
> counts

requires the right filtration, I believe Kodak owns this intelluctual
property on scanners from Eikonix

--
Dale

Using ICC profiles David Bouchard Java 4 05-11-2005 08:11 AM
Images and ICC profiles David Bouchard Java 0 05-06-2005 08:00 AM
Image conversion with icc profiles David Bouchard Java 4 05-04-2005 02:03 PM
Image conversion with icc profiles David Bouchard Java 0 05-02-2005 02:47 PM
ICC profiles for Nikon 8000, Canon i960 and Photoshop 7 C Digital Photography 3 12-29-2003 05:44 PM

Advertisments