Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Unicode

Re: Unicode

Dave Angel

On 12/16/2012 04:10 PM, Anatoli Hristov wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm using Linux CentOS and Python 2.4 with MySQL 5.xx, I get error
> with Unicode I tried many things that I found on the net but none of
> them working.
>
> If I dont use UTF-8 it inserts the data into the DB but some French
> char. are not correctly decoded. Could you please help me ?

Thanks for describing your system, and for using plain text in your message.

But the program you supplied is missing quite a bit, starting with the
imports. And you say nothing at all about the error you get.

You should include a full traceback of whatever error you're getting,
along with information about how you got there.

I don't see any place there which is dealing with unicode, except for
the part which is commented out. Hard to get an error on those lines.

--

DaveA