Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Is there a quick & accurate way to test a python install?

Re: Is there a quick & accurate way to test a python install?

Terry Reedy

On 12/15/2012 9:59 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> This is 2.6, on ubuntu-10.04.4 LTS

> gene@lathe:/usr/lib/python2.6/test$ python -m test.regrtest

That should be the right incantation for 2.6.

> test_grammar
> test_grammar skipped -- No module named test_grammar
> test_opcodes
> test_opcodes skipped -- No module named test_opcodes
> test_dict
> test_dict skipped -- No module named test_dict
> test_builtin

You appear to have some of /Lib/test/ present, including
Lib/test/regrtest.py, but not move of the test_xxx.py files. I do not
know what is normal for an Ubuntu distribution. On Windows, I believe it
is all or nothing.

> ImportError: cannot import name test_timeout

I have no idea why this one gave an exception rather than a skip.

--
Terry Jan Reedy