Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows 8 and TPM (USB and pin)

Windows 8 and TPM (USB and pin)

joespam8@gmail.com

Hi all.

I have just got a new computer and didn't know anything about TPM. Sadly mymotherboard (ASUS Maximus Gene V) doesn't support TPM but I know of the possibility to setup TPM on USB. I have done so but I have a strange result.

What I really want is to utilize my USB plus have a password/pin just afterBIOS. When I sutdown my computer or restart, it actually do prompt me for a password, but if I go in to BIOS and exit again, it just boots up in to Windows! Either that is a fault in Windows or I have setup something.

So my question is - is it possible to setup/force a password/pin when my computer starts up!? And if so, how exactly to set it up?

I have looked a countless number of suggestions but still with no luck.

Charlie Russel-MVP

Switch motherboards to one that supports TPM?

Seriously, I think you're running up against the limitations of the USB
version of BitLocker. However, you might have a reasonable workaround -- use
the features of the BIOS to install a password. I'm pretty sure the Asus
BIOS supports a password requirement. You can add one to the BIOS as well.

--
Charlie.
http://blogs.msmvps.com/russel

news:(E-Mail Removed)...