Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: ANNOUNCE: Thesaurus - a recursive dictionary subclass usingattributes

Re: ANNOUNCE: Thesaurus - a recursive dictionary subclass usingattributes

Ian Kelly

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Ian Kelly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> and then I ran the examples, and the output was unchanged. As Steven
> pointed out, I don't see how that first branch could succeed anyway,
> since self.data is never defined.

It occurs to me that the UserDict class does have a data attribute.
Perhaps there was another version of Thesaurus that inherited from
UserDict instead of dict, and so the access to .data is a holdover
from legacy code?