Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microsoft weirdness

Reply
Thread Tools

Microsoft weirdness

 
 
William Brown
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2013
On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:40:49 +1300, John Little
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Wait a while until it gets REALLY cheap, MS are struggling to sell it,
>> personally I think it is dead in the water ..

>
>Wishful thinking I'm afraid. My daughters' school has standardized on Win
>8, to the point of pressuring those with existing computers to install it,
>and those with ipads to trade them in.
>
>Regards, John



Schools just don't know a thing.

In one school in the UK they replaces all laptops with Tablets, they
then found that MS Office did not work as that is a standard, IT
managers in schools can be utter dick heads..
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bruce Sinclair
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2013
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Allistar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Bruce Sinclair wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Allistar
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>John Little wrote:
>>>> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>>>> Wait a while until it gets REALLY cheap, MS are struggling to sell it,
>>>>> personally I think it is dead in the water ..
>>>> Wishful thinking I'm afraid. My daughters' school has standardized on
>>>> Win 8, to the point of pressuring those with existing computers to
>>>> install it, and those with ipads to trade them in.
>>>Eek. I'm please my children go to a school that has standardised on
>>>MacOSX.

>>
>> The OS *Should* be irrelevant.

>
>It should be, but from a learning point of view it should be standardised to
>one that requires little maintenance. From a technology point of view that
>means MacOSX.


You might very well think that ... I couldn't possibly comment.

>> File types should be standardised. And yes,
>> to non proprietary open doc ones.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
victor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2013
On 30/01/2013 11:00 a.m., Allistar wrote:
> John Little wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> Wait a while until it gets REALLY cheap, MS are struggling to sell it,
>>> personally I think it is dead in the water ..

>>
>> Wishful thinking I'm afraid. My daughters' school has standardized on Win
>> 8, to the point of pressuring those with existing computers to install it,
>> and those with ipads to trade them in.

>
> Eek. I'm please my children go to a school that has standardised on MacOSX.
>


Where's their freedom ?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce Sinclair
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2013
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Allistar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>victor wrote:
>
>> On 30/01/2013 11:00 a.m., Allistar wrote:
>>> John Little wrote:
>>>
>>>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Wait a while until it gets REALLY cheap, MS are struggling to sell it,
>>>>> personally I think it is dead in the water ..
>>>>
>>>> Wishful thinking I'm afraid. My daughters' school has standardized on
>>>> Win 8, to the point of pressuring those with existing computers to
>>>> install it, and those with ipads to trade them in.
>>>
>>> Eek. I'm please my children go to a school that has standardised on
>>> MacOSX.

>>
>> Where's their freedom ?

>
>In socialist NZ? It's mostly been taken away by the state. None-the-less I
>try and instil a sense of right and wrong, of fairness and justice .


Under national ? ... anyway ...

nz.politics is over here ..... ---- >



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSE 4 11-15-2006 02:40 AM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola Microsoft Certification 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd realexxams@yahoo.com Microsoft Certification 0 05-10-2006 02:35 PM
microsoft.public.dotnet.faqs,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms,microsoft.public.dotnet.general,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb Charles A. Lackman ASP .Net 1 12-08-2004 07:08 PM



Advertisments