Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: open URL in the current tab

Re: open URL in the current tab

Chris Angelico

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Jabba Laci <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> If this is for use on somebody else's system, *please don't*. My

> This is for me. I have a simple GUI that produces some URL that I want
> to open in the current tab. Since I want to verify several URLs, I
> don't want to open dozens of new tabs.
>
> Here is my working solution. It requires the MozRepl Firefox add-on
> that I mentioned in the previous message.

Looks good! Since it's your own single system, the add-on requirement
isn't too onerous (but even if it's an all-mine system, I'd hesitate
to deploy an add-on to more than a handful of computers).

Specific problem, specific solution. I like it.

ChrisA