Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JAVAFX Rendering

Reply
Thread Tools

JAVAFX Rendering

 
 
nataraja gadikota
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-10-2012
Hi ,
I'm looking for a Java based solution for my canvas problem
TCL/TK is not able to handle 3million rectangles on a canvas !

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...cl/Dxh4KyOOojY

"
Today I had to visualize a huge Data Structure with 146k nodes
and each node is a set of polys/rectangles >20

I've drawn everything on a Canvas , Appximately 3 million objects were created
All my operations Zoom , Scrolling , Moving Objects on this Canvas have become very SLOW

I've tested the code with 100 nodes , everything is working fine at that level
When I increase the DS , I'm looking at these issues .

Any suggestions previous experiences on how to improve the speed ?
"

Can JavaFX , Java/Swing Handle that much data ?


Thanks
Nataraja G
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Arne Vajh°j
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-10-2012
On 12/10/2012 6:43 AM, nataraja gadikota wrote:
> I'm looking for a Java based solution for my canvas problem
> TCL/TK is not able to handle 3million rectangles on a canvas !
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...cl/Dxh4KyOOojY
>
> "
> Today I had to visualize a huge Data Structure with 146k nodes
> and each node is a set of polys/rectangles >20
>
> I've drawn everything on a Canvas , Appximately 3 million objects were created
> All my operations Zoom , Scrolling , Moving Objects on this Canvas have become very SLOW
>
> I've tested the code with 100 nodes , everything is working fine at that level
> When I increase the DS , I'm looking at these issues .
>
> Any suggestions previous experiences on how to improve the speed ?
> "
>
> Can JavaFX , Java/Swing Handle that much data ?


3 million graphical objects seems like a lot.

But:
- plenty of CPU and RAM
- a 64 bit JVM to utilize the memory
- a GPU that is supported by JavaFX for hardware acceleration
- Java' JIT
then it is probably your best chance for good performance at
this abstraction level.

Arne


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jim Gibson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-10-2012
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
nataraja gadikota <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi ,
> I'm looking for a Java based solution for my canvas problem
> TCL/TK is not able to handle 3million rectangles on a canvas !
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...cl/Dxh4KyOOojY
>
> "
> Today I had to visualize a huge Data Structure with 146k nodes
> and each node is a set of polys/rectangles >20
>
> I've drawn everything on a Canvas , Appximately 3 million objects were
> created
> All my operations Zoom , Scrolling , Moving Objects on this Canvas have
> become very SLOW
>
> I've tested the code with 100 nodes , everything is working fine at that
> level
> When I increase the DS , I'm looking at these issues .
>
> Any suggestions previous experiences on how to improve the speed ?


Sounds like you should consider clipping
(<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_(computer_graphics)>) when you
have zoomed in and showing low-resolution versions of groups of nodes
(if your data consists of node groups in a tree-like structure) when
you are zoomed out (I don't remember the word for this; "greeking" is a
term applied to showing fuzzy blobs for text when the characters are
too small to see clearly).

In other words: don't draw all 3 million nodes, just the ones that
would be visible on the screen. If a group of nodes is too small to be
seen in detail, substitute a low-resolution graphic for the group.

--
Jim Gibson
 
Reply With Quote
 
nataraja gadikota
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2012
Hi Arne ,
CPU/GPU/RAM is not a problem
I'm working on huge server's !

with all these do you think I can handle
even 3million is a small number for my application !!
there could be x10 more

Thanks
Nataraja G
On Monday, December 10, 2012 10:37:21 PM UTC+5:30, Arne Vajh°j wrote:
> On 12/10/2012 6:43 AM, nataraja gadikota wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for a Java based solution for my canvas problem

>
> > TCL/TK is not able to handle 3million rectangles on a canvas !

>
> >

>
> > https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...cl/Dxh4KyOOojY

>
> >

>
> > "

>
> > Today I had to visualize a huge Data Structure with 146k nodes

>
> > and each node is a set of polys/rectangles >20

>
> >

>
> > I've drawn everything on a Canvas , Appximately 3 million objects were created

>
> > All my operations Zoom , Scrolling , Moving Objects on this Canvas havebecome very SLOW

>
> >

>
> > I've tested the code with 100 nodes , everything is working fine at that level

>
> > When I increase the DS , I'm looking at these issues .

>
> >

>
> > Any suggestions previous experiences on how to improve the speed ?

>
> > "

>
> >

>
> > Can JavaFX , Java/Swing Handle that much data ?

>
>
>
> 3 million graphical objects seems like a lot.
>
>
>
> But:
>
> - plenty of CPU and RAM
>
> - a 64 bit JVM to utilize the memory
>
> - a GPU that is supported by JavaFX for hardware acceleration
>
> - Java' JIT
>
> then it is probably your best chance for good performance at
>
> this abstraction level.
>
>
>
> Arne


 
Reply With Quote
 
nataraja gadikota
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2012
Thanks Jim ,
that's a new idea
I'll try to work it out !

On Monday, December 10, 2012 11:19:51 PM UTC+5:30, Jim Gibson wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> nataraja gadikota <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hi ,

>
> > I'm looking for a Java based solution for my canvas problem

>
> > TCL/TK is not able to handle 3million rectangles on a canvas !

>
> >

>
> > https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...cl/Dxh4KyOOojY

>
> >

>
> > "

>
> > Today I had to visualize a huge Data Structure with 146k nodes

>
> > and each node is a set of polys/rectangles >20

>
> >

>
> > I've drawn everything on a Canvas , Appximately 3 million objects were

>
> > created

>
> > All my operations Zoom , Scrolling , Moving Objects on this Canvas have

>
> > become very SLOW

>
> >

>
> > I've tested the code with 100 nodes , everything is working fine at that

>
> > level

>
> > When I increase the DS , I'm looking at these issues .

>
> >

>
> > Any suggestions previous experiences on how to improve the speed ?

>
>
>
> Sounds like you should consider clipping
>
> (<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_(computer_graphics)>) when you
>
> have zoomed in and showing low-resolution versions of groups of nodes
>
> (if your data consists of node groups in a tree-like structure) when
>
> you are zoomed out (I don't remember the word for this; "greeking" is a
>
> term applied to showing fuzzy blobs for text when the characters are
>
> too small to see clearly).
>
>
>
> In other words: don't draw all 3 million nodes, just the ones that
>
> would be visible on the screen. If a group of nodes is too small to be
>
> seen in detail, substitute a low-resolution graphic for the group.
>
>
>
> --
>
> Jim Gibson


 
Reply With Quote
 
Arne Vajh°j
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2012
On 12/11/2012 12:14 PM, nataraja gadikota wrote:
> On Monday, December 10, 2012 10:37:21 PM UTC+5:30, Arne Vajh°j wrote:
>> On 12/10/2012 6:43 AM, nataraja gadikota wrote:
>>> I'm looking for a Java based solution for my canvas problem
>>> TCL/TK is not able to handle 3million rectangles on a canvas !
>>>
>>> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...cl/Dxh4KyOOojY
>>>
>>> "
>>> Today I had to visualize a huge Data Structure with 146k nodes
>>> and each node is a set of polys/rectangles >20
>>>
>>> I've drawn everything on a Canvas , Appximately 3 million objects were created
>>> All my operations Zoom , Scrolling , Moving Objects on this Canvas have become very SLOW
>>>
>>> I've tested the code with 100 nodes , everything is working fine at that level
>>> When I increase the DS , I'm looking at these issues .
>>>
>>> Any suggestions previous experiences on how to improve the speed ?
>>> "
>>>
>>> Can JavaFX , Java/Swing Handle that much data ?

>>
>> 3 million graphical objects seems like a lot.
>>
>> But:
>> - plenty of CPU and RAM
>> - a 64 bit JVM to utilize the memory
>> - a GPU that is supported by JavaFX for hardware acceleration
>> - Java' JIT
>> then it is probably your best chance for good performance at
>> this abstraction level.

>
> CPU/GPU/RAM is not a problem
> I'm working on huge server's !
>
> with all these do you think I can handle
> even 3million is a small number for my application !!
> there could be x10 more


I don't know.

You should measure.

But if the combo above can not do it, then I doubt that any
solution at this abstraction level can do it.

So measure.

If it works then fine.

If it does not work then either:
- go low level with the cost of that
- redefine your solution so you do not need so many gui objects

Arne

 
Reply With Quote
 
nataraja gadikota
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2013
Hi guys !@
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HmAmXoTo5Uc

Look at my final result
and thanks for the support
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JavaFX example Enrique Alejandro GarcÝa Ceja Java 0 02-12-2009 04:55 AM
JavaFX: dead on start? soup_or_power@yahoo.com Java 11 01-28-2009 12:05 AM
javafx with eclipse(SWT)!! sukanya84@gmail.com Java 6 03-14-2008 12:27 AM
Javafx coding help needed...... plsss sukanya84@gmail.com Java 0 01-24-2008 12:10 PM
JavaFX , what its mean ??? Eisa Ayed Java 3 05-10-2007 07:29 PM



Advertisments