Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: install ZoomBrowser EX as administrator?

Re: install ZoomBrowser EX as administrator?

ray

On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 01:27:23 -0800, AndyHancock wrote:

> As a gift about 2 years ago, I got a Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS, "Digital
> ELPH". I got this right from the box. In order to download pictures
> from the camera into a laptop, I have to install Canon's ZoomBrowser EX.
> Does anyone know if his needs to be installed when logged in as
> administrator?

I'm not familiar with that particular model, but I would assume it has a
removable SD card - in which case, you should not have to install
anything. Just get a $5 or $10 USB card reader.

ray

On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 08:09:35 -0800, AndyHancock wrote:

> On Dec 9, 10:49*am, ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 01:27:23 -0800, AndyHancock wrote:
>> > As a gift about 2 years ago, I got a Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS,
>> > "Digital ELPH". *I got this right from the box. *In order to download
>> > pictures from the camera into a laptop, I have to install Canon's
>> > ZoomBrowser EX.
>> > *Does anyone know if his needs to be installed when logged in as
>> > administrator?

>> I'm not familiar with that particular model, but I would assume it has
>> a removable SD card - in which case, you should not have to install
>> anything. Just get a $5 or $10 USB card reader.

> So that's what that doohickey is for. Thanks, ray, it works like a
> charm.

Glad to be of assistance - we all have to start somewhere