Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Disabling SeaMonkey email

Disabling SeaMonkey email

Tim W

I like to use SeaMonkey as a browser. I don't want to use it for email.
If I view a site in SeaMonkey and click on an email (mailto) link then
SeaMonkey starts opening pop-ups inviting me to create an email account
in SeaMonkey. I can't find any setting in SeaMonkey to name Thunderbird
as the default email program. Can somebody tell me where it is?

Tim W

Ralph Fox

On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 09:33:42 +0000, Tim W wrote:

> I like to use SeaMonkey as a browser. I don't want to use it for email.
> If I view a site in SeaMonkey and click on an email (mailto) link then
> SeaMonkey starts opening pop-ups inviting me to create an email account
> in SeaMonkey. I can't find any setting in SeaMonkey to name Thunderbird
> as the default email program. Can somebody tell me where it is?
>
> Tim W

See these support threads for the fix

* https://groups.google.com/group/mozi...oredirect=true

* http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...f=40&t=1566365

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Tim W

On 07/12/2012 18:53, Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 09:33:42 +0000, Tim W wrote:
>
>> I like to use SeaMonkey as a browser. I don't want to use it for email.
>> If I view a site in SeaMonkey and click on an email (mailto) link then
>> SeaMonkey starts opening pop-ups inviting me to create an email account
>> in SeaMonkey. I can't find any setting in SeaMonkey to name Thunderbird
>> as the default email program. Can somebody tell me where it is?
>>
>> Tim W

> See these support threads for the fix
>
> * https://groups.google.com/group/mozi...oredirect=true
>
> * http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...f=40&t=1566365