Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

Re: Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

Trevor

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I know what you're gonna say next - spot meter! Well, what if the object
> in
> question has a wide tonal range? Spot meter no good....

Spot meter is fine if you know where to point it. If not it would be as
useless as the person holding it.

> Or you could just shoot manual!

90% of the time I do. I like to control aperture, shutter speed and ISO to
suit the image requirements, not just the exposure.

Trevor.

Whisky-dave

On Thursday, December 6, 2012 11:57:47 AM UTC, Trevor wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I know what you're gonna say next - spot meter! Well, what if the object

> > in

> > question has a wide tonal range? Spot meter no good....

> Spot meter is fine if you know where to point it. If not it would be as
>
> useless as the person holding it.
>

> > Or you could just shoot manual!

> 90% of the time I do. I like to control aperture, shutter speed and ISO to
>
> suit the image requirements, not just the exposure.
>

> Trevor.

What effect does altering the ISO have on the image.
personally I'd have included DOF as somethingn I like to control more than the ISO.