Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Art vs Composition vs Content vs Technique

Re: Art vs Composition vs Content vs Technique

Whisky-dave

On Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:22:43 PM UTC, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 02:36:33 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> --- snip ---

> >> Photographers don't always achieve what they intended.

> >Then it can;t be a good photo, isn;t that the point of photography to record an image so that someone else gets to see it. Generally speaking that is.

> I'm glad you put that last bit in. It's quite possible to get a good
>
> photo without it being the one you intended to get.
>

> > >On the other

> >> hand, maybe it was the photographer's intention to give rise to the

> >> viewer tha\e awe and amazement he felt on first viewing that part of

> >> the building. We are not likely to know.

> >Then it is a good photograph if it does the intended job surely.

> But then you get somebody who takes one look at it and says 'the
>
> horizon isn't level, look at the parallax, the focus isn't right, what
>
> awful bokeh' and never sees the one point that caught the
>
> photographers attention in the first place.

The photographers attention of the viewers?

If I take a photo of a women and her eyes are in perfect focus but all teh viewer can see (comment on) is a pair of of focus niples is it a good photo