Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Textmining

Textmining

subhabangalore@gmail.com

Dear Group,
Python has one textming library, but I am failing to install it in Windows.
If any one can kindly help.
Regards,
Subhabrata.

Neil Cerutti

On 2012-11-30, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Python has one textming library, but I am failing to install it
> in Windows. If any one can kindly help.

More information needed.

--
Neil Cerutti

Dave Angel

> Dear Group,
> Python has one textming library, but I am failing to install it in Windows.
> If any one can kindly help.
> Regards,
> Subhabrata.

Please think about what you're asking, if you want people to help you.
You say Python has a testming library, But CPython's standard library
version 3.3 does NOT have a library called testming. Neither does 2.7
in case you're running that one. Now, maybe some other version of
Python has other stuff in its standard library, or maybe it's only
available on the Amiga port of python. But you give no clues to which
one it was.

I repeated the search with a keyword of testmining, in case that's the
actual name of the library. Still in neither 2.7 nor 3.3.

So I'm forced to gaze even closer into my crystal ball. How about

http://scripts.downloadroute.com/tex...-95300f9f.html
http://www.testmine.com/
http://webscripts.softpedia.com/scri...ing-66084.html
http://www.christianpeccei.com/projects/textmining/
http://pybrary.net/pyPdf/
http://code.activestate.com/recipes/511465/
http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/pytho...ner/index.html
<http://www.unixuser.org/%7Eeuske/python/pdfminer/index.html>
http://orange.biolab.si/
http://www.amazon.com/Python-Text-Pr...uckduckgo-d-20
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utili...ng-61802.shtml
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/textmining
http://orange-text.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

I could call a mechanic, and tell him my car makes a funny nose, and no
matter how hard I kick the right front tire the noise doesn't go away,
and he's unlikely to be able to help. He'd probably like some
fundamental facts about the problem. So do we.

What version of Windows OS are you running?
What version of what implementation of Python are you running?
What library, located at what URL did you try to install?
How did you try the installation? What happened? How did you know you
failed?

In many of these answers, you should paste actual program output rather
than paraphrasing. Certainly, if you got an exception, you should paste
the entire stack trace. And if you got that far, a minimal code example
that shows the problem.

--

DaveA

subhabangalore@gmail.com

On Saturday, December 1, 2012 5:13:17 AM UTC+5:30, Dave Angel wrote:
> On 11/30/2012 02:48 PM, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Dear Group,

> > Python has one textming library, but I am failing to install it in Windows.

> > If any one can kindly help.

> > Regards,

> > Subhabrata.

> Please think about what you're asking, if you want people to help you.
>
> You say Python has a testming library, But CPython's standard library
>
> version 3.3 does NOT have a library called testming. Neither does 2.7
>
> in case you're running that one. Now, maybe some other version of
>
> Python has other stuff in its standard library, or maybe it's only
>
> available on the Amiga port of python. But you give no clues to which
>
> one it was.
>

> I repeated the search with a keyword of testmining, in case that's the
>
> actual name of the library. Still in neither 2.7 nor 3.3.
>

> So I'm forced to gaze even closer into my crystal ball. How about
>

> http://scripts.downloadroute.com/tex...-95300f9f.html
>
> http://www.testmine.com/
>
> http://webscripts.softpedia.com/scri...ing-66084.html
>
> http://www.christianpeccei.com/projects/textmining/
>
> http://pybrary.net/pyPdf/
>
> http://code.activestate.com/recipes/511465/
>
> http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/pytho...ner/index.html
>
> <http://www.unixuser.org/%7Eeuske/python/pdfminer/index.html>
>
> http://orange.biolab.si/
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Python-Text-Pr...uckduckgo-d-20
>
> http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utili...ng-61802.shtml
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/textmining
>
> http://orange-text.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
>

> I could call a mechanic, and tell him my car makes a funny nose, and no
>
> matter how hard I kick the right front tire the noise doesn't go away,
>
> and he's unlikely to be able to help. He'd probably like some
>
> fundamental facts about the problem. So do we.
>

> What version of Windows OS are you running?
>
> What version of what implementation of Python are you running?
>
> What library, located at what URL did you try to install?
>
> How did you try the installation? What happened? How did you know you
>
> failed?
>

> In many of these answers, you should paste actual program output rather
>
> than paraphrasing. Certainly, if you got an exception, you should paste
>
> the entire stack trace. And if you got that far, a minimal code example
>
> that shows the problem.
>

> --
>

> DaveA

Dear Group,

Python has one textmining library.
[Sorry for the spelling mistake in earlier post].

As I see it can be downloaded from,

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/textmining/1.0

I am running Python 2.7.3 (default, Apr 10 2012, 23:31:26) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 with IDLE as GUI and Windows 7 as OS.

I am not getting how to download and use it.

If any one of the learned members in the room can kindly help it.

Regards,
Subhabrata Banerjee.

> [...]

> failed?
>

> In many of these answers, you should paste actual program output rather
>
> than paraphrasing. Certainly, if you got an exception, you should paste
>
> the entire stack trace. And if you got that far, a minimal code example
>
> that shows the problem.
>

> --
>

> DaveA

Dear Group,

Python has one textmining library.
[Sorry for the spelling mistake in earlier post].

As I see it can be downloaded from,

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/textmining/1.0

I am running Python 2.7.3 (default, Apr 10 2012, 23:31:26) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 with IDLE as GUI and Windows 7 as OS.

I am not getting how to download and use it.

If any one of the learned members in the room can kindly help it.

Mark Lawrence

On 01/12/2012 09:27, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> Python has one textmining library.
> [Sorry for the spelling mistake in earlier post].
>
> As I see it can be downloaded from,
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/textmining/1.0
>
> I am running Python 2.7.3 (default, Apr 10 2012, 23:31:26) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 with IDLE as GUI and Windows 7 as OS.

Thanks for the above.

> I am not getting how to download and use it.

Use easy_install or pip from the command line. Any search engine will
find you the instructions on how to install them. Here's a starting
point http://packages.python.org/an_exampl...etuptools.html

> If any one of the learned members in the room can kindly help it.

Learned members in this group?

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.

alex23

On Dec 1, 7:27*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/textmining/1.0
> I am not getting how to download and use it.

Did you look at any of the documentation on its home page?
http://www.christianpeccei.com/projects/textmining/

> The latest version (1.0) is available from the Python Package Index.
> To install, extract the .zip file and run:
> python setup.py install

Immediately after that are usage examples.