Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Audio

Audio

Jason Spalding

Does anyone have a suggestion on reading material that will help me find a way to text when audio is being played out of the computer speaker? I would like to use C++ but I am not dedicated to using it. What I would like todo is have a text message sent when audio is present.

Victor Bazarov

On 11/30/2012 10:09 AM, Jason Spalding wrote:
> Does anyone have a suggestion on reading material that will help me
> find a way to text when audio is being played out of the computer
> speaker?

The FAQ list, maybe? The section 5, I think is relevant.

> I would like to use C++ but I am not dedicated to using it.

C++ has no means to control hardware (including querying it to find out
what it's currently doing), it's all done using platform- and
OS-specific libraries. Please ask in a newsgroup for your OS or platform.