Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Asus F2A85-V Pro (A85X) Motherboard

Asus F2A85-V Pro (A85X) Motherboard

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

eTeknix have reviewed the Asus F2A85-V Pro (A85X) Motherboard which demonstrates excellent performance:

Quote:
"Since the launch of the new FM2 platform and the new range of APU processors, we’ve had a huge influx of boards arrive with us from a variety of manufacturers and in a variety of different flavours, from the lower-end A55 chipset enabled boards to the more meaty A85X based products and today sees us delving into another A85X based board.

We’ve looked at plenty of Asus boards over the years and with the new adoption of the A85X platform and FM2 socket, we find the F2A85-V Pro landing with us which is currently the flagship board for Asus in the FM2 market segment and comes packed with some great features that we’ve seen before on other platforms including the UEFI BIOS that we’ve all come to love, BIOS Flashback, DirectKey, USB Charger+ and much much more.

While this is the top-end board from Asus when it comes to FM2, we do see an attractive price point when comparing against other boards competing for the FM2 crown, but we don’t doubt for a second that Asus have cut any corners, but instead have listened to the market and given their customers the best deal possible by giving them a whole ton of features, while keeping the customer happy by reflecting a value for money price.

As always, we can’t just jump straight into the performance side of things, and instead have to take a closer look at the package that this board comes in as well as any included accessories and bundled extras. From there, we can take a closer indepth look at the motherboard itself highlighintg its main key features including the UEFI BIOS. Once we’ve done that, we can continue to see how this board performs at both stock and overclocked speeds while trying to push the board to its limits."
You can read more here.