Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FireFox vs. Mozilla 1.x?

FireFox vs. Mozilla 1.x?

Jim07D4

Hi, I am considering moving to FireFox from Mozilla 1.7. I use it for
puttering around on the web and newsgroups. I have a few more serious
uses such as paid subscriptions to on-line technical news sources.
Opinions? Thanks!
--
Jim07D4

FCC

Jim07D4 articulated on 10/11/2004 5:44 PM:
> Hi, I am considering moving to FireFox from Mozilla 1.7. I use it for
> puttering around on the web and newsgroups. I have a few more serious
> uses such as paid subscriptions to on-line technical news sources.
> Opinions? Thanks!

I have migrated from Mozilla 1.7.3 to Firefox and Thunderbird, and I am
simply impressed. Especially, the ease with which the extensions can be
installed is simply incredible. The versatility of Firefox, with the
user access to so-called "about:config" options is probably the highest
among all the browsers (except for Mozilla 1.7.3). These are not the
advantages wrt Mozilla 1.7.3 though, but wrt other browsers.

I found that one advantage to Mozilla 1.7.3 is that startup of either
one of Firefox and Thunderbird is much faster.

I must say both are pieces of artwork to me.

But I think you should try and see for yourself. Both of them easily
import the settings, bookmarks, e-mails etc. from Mozilla suite really
easily.
--
FCC.
===

.brian.

(On 10/11/2004 11:44 AM) Jim07D4 wrote:
> Hi, I am considering moving to FireFox from Mozilla 1.7. I use it for
> puttering around on the web and newsgroups. I have a few more serious
> uses such as paid subscriptions to on-line technical news sources.
> Opinions? Thanks!

Ahh... one of the never ending questions.

There are plenty of posts out there dealing with this topic. There is a
recent message over on the news:netscape.public.mozilla.general group.
You could also try searching through Google groups in the
netscape.public.mozilla.general and alt.fan.mozilla newsgroups, or even
looking/searching through the forums over at [http://www.mozillazine.org].

Do you use all the features in Mozilla? If not, then FF might be better
for you. I do not use all the features in the suite, so I mainly use FF
instead. Although I do have both installed, and use the suite sometimes
when I feel like a change. Try downloading FF and using it out for a
while. And if you like it better than the Mozilla suite... keep it. Or
just keep them both.

It all comes down to personal preference. Try it out and see for yourself.

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Jim07D4

".brian." <user@127.0.1.1> said:

>(On 10/11/2004 11:44 AM) Jim07D4 wrote:
>> Hi, I am considering moving to FireFox from Mozilla 1.7. I use it for
>> puttering around on the web and newsgroups. I have a few more serious
>> uses such as paid subscriptions to on-line technical news sources.
>> Opinions? Thanks!

>Ahh... one of the never ending questions.
>
>There are plenty of posts out there dealing with this topic. There is a
>recent message over on the news:netscape.public.mozilla.general group.
>You could also try searching through Google groups in the
>netscape.public.mozilla.general and alt.fan.mozilla newsgroups, or even
>looking/searching through the forums over at [http://www.mozillazine.org].
>
>Do you use all the features in Mozilla? If not, then FF might be better
>for you. I do not use all the features in the suite, so I mainly use FF
>instead. Although I do have both installed, and use the suite sometimes
>when I feel like a change. Try downloading FF and using it out for a
>while. And if you like it better than the Mozilla suite... keep it. Or
>just keep them both.
>
>It all comes down to personal preference. Try it out and see for yourself.

Thanks to you and "FCC". I downloaded it, it seems fast.

Jim07D4