Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Flash question

Re: Flash question

nospam

In article <2012112210363621123-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

> The SB400 will work just fine. If you want to spend a bit more there is

was

> the SB600. If you want to spend a lot more go for the SB900.

the sb600 has been discontinued, replaced by the sb700, joining the
sb900 and sb910, as well as the sb400, plus the r1c1 twin head closeup
flash.

> If you can find one of the discontinued SB800s you will also be doing
> fine, but they are hard to find as most of their owners are reluctant
> to part with them. I certainly won't part with mine, good since 2003.

very true.

when the sb800 was discontinued, best buy put them on clearance for
something like $189, if i recall, which was a little more than half
price. not surprisingly, they were gone very quickly. i found out too
late. i'd have bought a couple of them at that price.