Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Suitable software stacks for simple python web service

Re: Suitable software stacks for simple python web service

Dieter Maurer

Kev Dwyer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I have to build a simple web service which will:
>
> - receive queries from our other servers
> - forward the requests to a third party SOAP service
> - process the response from the third party
> - send the result back to the original requester
>
> From the point of view of the requester, this will happen within the scope
> of a single request.
>
> The data exchanged with the original requester will likely be encoded as
> JSON; the SOAP service will be handled by SUDS.
>
> The load is likely to be quite light, say a few requests per hour, though
> this may increase in the future.
>
> Given these requirements, what do you think might be a suitable software
> stack, i.e. webserver and web framework (if a web framework is even
> necessary)?

>From your description (so far), you would not need a web framework

but could use any way to integrate Python scripts into a web server,
e.g. "mod_python", "cgi", "WSGI", ....
Check what ways your web server will suport.