Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Curves - "The 'Duck Comments"

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: [SI] Curves - "The 'Duck Comments"

 
 
PeterN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2012
On 11/21/2012 2:58 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> SI Mandate: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/curve
> ‘Duck comments:
>
>
> Peter Newman:
> Curves-01:
> That is a, …um, “curvey” girl, not that there is a shortage of curves at
> that sort of event. The track curves, and there all the other curvey
> distractions. I would have gone with a higher shutter speed, but I
> understand that this must have been one of the first outings for the D800.


I would have been in trouble with that shot if the mandate was
curvacious. Yes I should have bumped the ISO.

> Curves-02:
> The Newmanesque image typified. A very interesting rendition, I just
> fail to find either the car or the boat, and I suspect the curve is
> induced by filter.


Nope. The main curves were caused by rotating the camera. Note the
exposure. It was hand held. I did use a slight application of the spiral
filter to curve the curves. And, as I explained previously, I did a
color reversal on part of the image.

> Curves-03:
> Simple modern. I like the simplicity of this shot with the color
> contrast of the yellow against the various shades of grey.
>

Thank you. I should tone down part of the background on the left.


--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PeterN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2012
On 11/21/2012 4:48 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2012-11-21 13:32:55 -0800, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> On 11/21/2012 2:58 PM, Savageduck wrote:
>>> SI Mandate: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/curve
>>> ‘Duck comments:
>>>
>>>
>>> Peter Newman:
>>> Curves-01:
>>> That is a, …um, “curvey” girl, not that there is a shortage of curves at
>>> that sort of event. The track curves, and there all the other curvey
>>> distractions. I would have gone with a higher shutter speed, but I
>>> understand that this must have been one of the first outings for the
>>> D800.

>>
>> I would have been in trouble with that shot if the mandate was
>> curvacious. Yes I should have bumped the ISO.

>
> Not so much ISO as shutter speed. You are already at 6400. just shoot
> shutter priority at say 1/250-1/500 instead of the 1/100 of this shot.
> You might have opened up a stop or two, but I believe you would have had
> a "cleaner" image of the maiden on her knees.


I was also playing with the 28 - 300 lens with a 1.4 tele-converter. If
I had used a sharper lens, such as my 70-200, I would have had a better
image. But that's one of the purposes of the exercise; to learn
capabilities of equipment, and how to work around them.


>
>>> Curves-02:
>>> The Newmanesque image typified. A very interesting rendition, I just
>>> fail to find either the car or the boat, and I suspect the curve is
>>> induced by filter.

>>
>> Nope. The main curves were caused by rotating the camera. Note the
>> exposure. It was hand held. I did use a slight application of the
>> spiral filter to curve the curves. And, as I explained previously, I
>> did a color reversal on part of the image.

>
> Ah! Ha!
>
>
>>> Curves-03:
>>> Simple modern. I like the simplicity of this shot with the color
>>> contrast of the yellow against the various shades of grey.
>>>

>> Thank you. I should tone down part of the background on the left.

>
>



--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nikon D100 Custom Curves Barry S. Ephraim Digital Photography 6 06-10-2004 03:19 PM
Loading Curves for the D100 fmaas Digital Photography 1 01-18-2004 02:54 AM
curves, PS7 nobody nowhere Digital Photography 3 01-04-2004 02:49 PM
Doing the curves in adobe n Digital Photography 4 12-01-2003 06:49 PM
to get Cumulative curves using java tony lincoln Java 1 10-16-2003 08:55 PM



Advertisments