Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Web Frameworks Excessive Complexity

Re: Web Frameworks Excessive Complexity

rh

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 10:12:26 -0800
Chris Rebert <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 9:49 AM, rh <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 20:41:42 +0300
> > Andriy Kornatskyy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Cyclomatic (or conditional) complexity is a metric used to indicate
> >> the complexity of a source code. Excessive complexity is something
> >> that is beyond recommended level of 10 (threshold that points to
> >> the fact the source code is too complex and refactoring is
> >> suggested). Here is a list of web frameworks examined: bottle,
> >> cherrypy, circuits, django, flask, pyramid, pysi, tornado,
> >> turbogears, web.py, web2py and wheezy.web.
> >>
> >> You can read more here:
> >>
> >> http://mindref.blogspot.com/2012/11/...omplexity.html

> > You are the author of wheezy.web right? Can't blame you for trying
> > to market your product. The conclusions, or lack of, are
> > meaningless to me. I have to get in and drive the car before I go
> > all in and buy it.
> >
> > I'm looking at different technology right now on which to base a
> > site. I tried pyramid and after install it consumed 92MB of disk.
> > It seemed large and it turns out that it installed its own version
> > of python. Seems more complex to me, yet another python on disk.

> That's how virtualenvs (http://www.virtualenv.org/ ) normally work.
> Not really Pyramid's fault, it's more a deficiency of the current
> Python package management tools.

There's still 92MB under pyramid, I just installed a new virtualenv and
installed wheezy.web, grand total 3.3MB.

What deficiency?