Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Web Frameworks Excessive Complexity

Re: Web Frameworks Excessive Complexity

Robert Kern

On 20/11/2012 17:41, Andriy Kornatskyy wrote:

> Cyclomatic (or conditional) complexity is a metric used to indicate the complexity of a source code. Excessive complexity is something that is beyond recommended
> level of 10 (threshold that points to the fact the source code is too
> complex and refactoring is suggested). Here is a list of web frameworks examined: bottle, cherrypy, circuits,
> django, flask, pyramid, pysi, tornado, turbogears, web.py, web2py and
> wheezy.web.

Cyclomatic complexity tells you nothing that counting lines of code doesn't already.

http://www.scirp.org/Journal/PaperIn...px?paperID=779

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."