Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > How to stop videos from self loading and playing

How to stop videos from self loading and playing

sam4@lsajfd.com

I'm using Firefox 3.6 with Win XP

Is there some way to stop sites from auto playing videos when I go to
their site? An especially aggravating one is -

http://www.videobash.com/

After one video that I chose to play ends, the dang page automatically
starts playing another one. I remember that Netscape had a button to
stop this loading. How come FF doesn't?

Anyone have a solution to this arrogant nonsense of those who program
pages this way?

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2012-11-18, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I'm using Firefox 3.6 with Win XP
>
> Is there some way to stop sites from auto playing videos when I go to
> their site? An especially aggravating one is -
>
> http://www.videobash.com/
>
> After one video that I chose to play ends, the dang page automatically
> starts playing another one. I remember that Netscape had a button to
> stop this loading. How come FF doesn't?
>
> Anyone have a solution to this arrogant nonsense of those who program
> pages this way?

Install the FlashBlock add-on.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
Author: =======================

sam4@lsajfd.com

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:27:05 -0500, "Chris F.A. Johnson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2012-11-18, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I'm using Firefox 3.6 with Win XP
>>
>> Is there some way to stop sites from auto playing videos when I go to
>> their site? An especially aggravating one is -
>>
>> http://www.videobash.com/
>>
>> After one video that I chose to play ends, the dang page automatically
>> starts playing another one. I remember that Netscape had a button to
>> stop this loading. How come FF doesn't?
>>
>> Anyone have a solution to this arrogant nonsense of those who program
>> pages this way?

> Install the FlashBlock add-on.

It did stop videobash from continuing on with a new video after my
chosen one ended. We'll see how it works on the myriad of flash
games other pages use.

Thanks!