Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Times thay are a changing.

Times thay are a changing.

Seagull

Interested to see this article.

"Android really is the new Windows"

http://www.zdnet.com/android-really-...50/?s_cid=e539

"Shields are UP Captain"

Titus G

Seagull wrote:
> Interested to see this article.
> "Android really is the new Windows"
> http://www.zdnet.com/android-really-...50/?s_cid=e539
> "Shields are UP Captain"

How could any operating system be any more open than any version of Windows
which has always been full of holes?

Seriously, I found it interesting too. Thanks.

Enkidu

On 18/11/12 16:05, Titus G wrote:
> Seagull wrote:
>> Interested to see this article.
>> "Android really is the new Windows"
>> http://www.zdnet.com/android-really-...50/?s_cid=e539
>> "Shields are UP Captain"

> How could any operating system be any more open than any version of Windows
> which has always been full of holes?

Erm... when you install an Android app it asks if it can access storage
and network etc. Most people automatically say yes. What if an app, say
a Sudoku app wanted to eg take over the phone/tablet? Easy peasy, you
just given it permission to do so!

> Seriously, I found it interesting too. Thanks.

Cheers,

Cliff