Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Giving up.

Giving up.

tony cooper

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 11:51:54 +1300, Eric Stevens
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 03:09:39 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>How about when you use a camera which eye do you use (obviosuly when using an optical VF) and all the shutter releases I've seen/had have been on the right hand side of the camera, for me that's proof that only the devil takes photos with their left hand.

>Hows'e about that! I use my left eye too!!
>
>All those years and I never even thought about it until you asked.

There are a few things where dominant eye makes a difference. Skeet
and/or trap shooting is one of them. That's where I first found a
need to know.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

James Silverton

On 11/6/2012 5:51 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 03:09:39 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> How about when you use a camera which eye do you use (obviosuly when using an optical VF) and all the shutter releases I've seen/had have been on the right hand side of the camera, for me that's proof that only the devil takes photos with their left hand.

> Hows'e about that! I use my left eye too!!
>
> All those years and I never even thought about it until you asked.

It goes along with whether you are right- or left-handed doesn't it?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Rob

On 7/11/2012 9:53 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 22:57:56 +1100, Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> make a circle with your thumb and index finger - looking through the
>> circle with your arm out stretched with both eyes - what do yo see??
>>
>> By closing one eye them the other in turn it will show you which eye is
>> dominant.

> How do you interpret the test?
>
> It seems to me that neither eye dominates.

When you look with both eyes you will see what ever it you shut one eye
you should see the same thing the by shutting the other eye that view
will have shifted.

Whisky-dave

On Wednesday, November 7, 2012 6:42:00 AM UTC, Rob wrote:
> On 7/11/2012 9:53 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 22:57:56 +1100, Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> make a circle with your thumb and index finger - looking through the

> >> circle with your arm out stretched with both eyes - what do yo see??

> >> By closing one eye them the other in turn it will show you which eye is

> >> dominant.

> > How do you interpret the test?

> > It seems to me that neither eye dominates.

> When you look with both eyes you will see what ever it you shut one eye
>
> you should see the same thing the by shutting the other eye that view
>
> will have shifted.

yep, and when I shut both eyes I can't see anyhting ;-0