Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Win 8 pricing

Re: Win 8 pricing

Gordon

On 2012-11-03, Mutley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Crash McBash <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Just for a laugh I went to the MS site looking at upgrade pricing. I
>>was surprised to see an upgrade available to from XP as well as Vista
>>and 7 (IIRC the only upgrade to Win 7 was from Vista) and even more
>>stunned to see the price - $49 to download and $80-odd retail (IIRC
>>past upgrades have been north of $150).
>>
>>What on earth is MS up to?

> Following the Apple pricing model and trying to make it cheap to beat
> the pirates..

Oh you mean the OS. Had me going there for awhile.

Look, MS is against a barage of competitors. The desktop is going into
history if you believe some people.

MS wants action, read the money which is being made by apping stores. The
tool to do this must be cheap, so that one and all get onto the MS, vs the
Apple bus, or the other ones.

Bit like cell phones. Take one they are free, use our network and profit to
us. You have to stay with us for 24 months see.

On 1 February 2013 the price will rise. The current prices are specials to help
people get addicted to the Ms App store.

Also the hard copy edition gives you both 32 and 64 bit versions.

For desktop use do install the Classic shell. Puts the apps on the menu not
in your face.

No you were not trolling I hope.

Re: Win 8 pricing nospam NZ Computing 0 11-03-2012 11:13 AM
Re: Win 8 pricing JohnO NZ Computing 0 11-03-2012 08:18 AM
Re: Win 8 pricing Frank Williams NZ Computing 0 11-03-2012 06:08 AM
Re: Win 8 pricing Enkidu NZ Computing 0 11-03-2012 05:19 AM