Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: How to improve the usability of nested packages

Re: How to improve the usability of nested packages

Terry Reedy

nested package == subpackage

> or would you maybe structure the library entirely different?

Based on my limited experience with subpackages* plus reports on this
list about problems, such as yours, I have concluded that subpackages
are an attractive nuisance that are generally more trouble than they are
worth. I suggest you consider sticking with your original flat (no
subpackage) design. (But maybe someone knows better than me how to make
subpackages work .

* In my current project, I started with all modules in subpackages but
have since moved them into the package and deleted the subpackages.

--
Terry Jan Reedy