Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Negative array indicies and slice()

Re: Negative array indicies and slice()

Ethan Furman

Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:12 AM, Ethan Furman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> In other words, the slice contains the strings, and my code calculates
>> the offsets -- Python doesn't do it for me.

> That's correct, but you're still translating those strings into
> numeric indices.

True, but the point is that the /slice/ contains a data type that is
neither a number, nor directly translatable into a number (that is, no
__index__ method), and my code would cease to function should that
change to slices be made.

~Ethan~